1.    #1  
    Got my treo650 on June 17th, 2005 and have loved it till now. I just loaded Windows XP Pro x64 and what do I find? My treo ain't freakin compatible!

WTF?!

http://kb.palmone.com/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBCGI.EXE?New,kb=PalmSupportKB,CASE=obj(37448),ts=Palm_External2001

I am completely dumbfounded that Palmone's hotsync is NOT compatible with Media Center, Tablet, or the x64 edition of Windows XP. What a bunch of retards - I can't believe this company - did they really think about this? Maybe there is another sync software that is compatible....anyone know?

Please help.
    -Scott
    make sure when u buy something next time, READ LABEL first. And just to let you know there are very few softwares that are compatible with x64 version, including windows own products like "media encoder 9 series" etc. So dont jump and dance around about P1, ok??? And Hotsync is working with my tabletXP version. Good luck.
    Treo650/sprint PCS/Locked/unlimited vision & SMS (now international too)& 1000 mins for $65.
    Treo650/tmobile/Unlocked/on trial.
    Logitech Mobile Pro.
    JabraBT800.
    Treo Wireless Headset.
    SE HBH660.
    Motorolla 810.
    Supertooth Bluetooth car kit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarasotasun
    I just loaded Windows XP Pro x64 and what do I find? My treo ain't freakin compatible!

WTF?!
    Works fine on my xp media center edition. Not sure what issue your having. Palm files, are propriatary like mac or linux, when it comes to windows, but the sync software works fine. Further info would help.

And just because P1 does not support it, does not mean it won't work. I have a lot of software that still works on Windows 95 and 98 even though MS no longer supports 95 or 98.

Thread Crapper
    ~ August 16,2005 Poll-Master ~
    August 17, 2005 Century Club Member ~ August 29, 2005

I have a fondness for intelligence.
    I often black out when doing something really stupid. I supose that's why I'm such a danger to my self

I have used it with 2 tablet pc s
    visor deluxe->clie n760->treo 300->treo 600->treo 650 -> treo 700p -> treo 755p
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by sam2579
    make sure when u buy something next time, READ LABEL first. And just to let you know there are very few softwares that are compatible with x64 version, including windows own products like "media encoder 9 series" etc. So dont jump and dance around about P1, ok??? And Hotsync is working with my tabletXP version. Good luck.
    oh boy...in this day and age (hell, for my whole life), who reads labels, or direction...lol?! and I'm sorry to have made it look like its p1's fault - didn't know they were so short handed/staffed, yet had such a devout following. Btw, maybe its Verizon's fault as there is no description anywhere (that I could find easily) on their webpage that shows that the Treo 650 is not compatible with Win XP x64. Also, I've found that besides my P1 software, the only other thing that didn't load was the software for my Garmin GPS, everything else I've thrown at it has worked.
    -more to follow, I'm sure
  6. GXX
    It says on this info page:

http://www.palmone.com/us/products/s...50/details.epl

Windows 2000 or XP (later versions may also be supported)

Nothing about tablet, x64 or media center. If I read that, I would have assumed those weren't supported.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by GXX
    I would have assumed those weren't supported.
    I didnt see that page before receiving the treo - momma always told me not to 'a$$ u me' - but you're right. I may have to go the way of the audiovox 6600, which I'm not too excited bout (battery life is supposed to really suck). Wonder if it has x64 issues too...I'm off to search. Thanks for the input, y'all.
    System Restore...
    When I first got my Centro and installed the new (v 6.x?) Palm Desktop, my phone would not communicate with my Windows XP Media Center laptop. After much frustration and, finally, a paid support session, we were able to get my Centro to work with XP Media Center by re-installing Palm Desktop v 4.2. It's been smooth sailing ever since.

Now I'm hoping to get a Pre Plus with Verizon, and wonder if I will encounter a similar problem. I am still running Win XPMC on my laptop and don't relish the expense or brain damage of "upgrading" my operating system to accommodate.

Any word available on this situation?