1.    #1  
    Start hammering those smirk icons, because you're gonna love this one!

My stunning new Treo 650 is my first smartphone. But it has become a very expensive organizer because I don't dare use the phone function!

Here goes:

It dials when I don't want it to; it calls people I don't intend to call; it hangs up when I don't want it to; my earring send commands unwittingly; the touch tones are too long and sometimes repeat digits; sometimes the # symbol doesn't get sent at the end of input sequences; I therefore transmit unwanted voicemail prompts; the thumbpad numbers are too small and crowded so when I pull the Treo away from my ear to see who I accidentally called, my fingers slide around and activate the speakerphone which cheerfully broadcasts conversations with people I didn't even mean to dial.

So pour it on with love - how about some Treo dialing tips for dummies???
    Quote Originally Posted by yangyin
    Start hammering those smirk icons, because you're gonna love this one!
    I don't know if I can address ALL your issues but...

It dials when I don't want it to; it calls people I don't intend to call; it hangs up when I don't want it to; my earring send commands unwittingly;
    Search for keyguard, treoguard, keepoff? There are plenty of solutions for this. I just use the regular keyguard for this. It will disable the touchscreen while you are on a call.

the touch tones are too long and sometimes repeat digits;
    Be more careful?

sometimes the # symbol doesn't get sent at the end of input sequences; I therefore transmit unwanted voicemail prompts;
    Umm, try it again. Once you get it right, save it as a favorite (I do that when I call the bank to check my balance).

the thumbpad numbers are too small and crowded so when I pull the Treo away from my ear to see who I accidentally called, my fingers slide around and activate the speakerphone which cheerfully broadcasts conversations with people I didn't even mean to dial.
    You did try the phone and played with the keyboard BEFORE you bought it right?
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve