1.    #1  
    Sometimes when I try to download .prc software on Safari or Explorer for Mac I get a page with the code.

How do I download the file so it appears as a .prc on my desktop?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by The Wolf
    Sometimes when I try to download .prc software on Safari or Explorer for Mac I get a page with the code.

How do I download the file so it appears as a .prc on my desktop?

Thanks
    I've had this happen, too. If I recall correctly, there are a couple of ways you can deal with it:

Option 1: CTRL-Click the link and select "download linked file" -- the app should download correctly with a .prc extension and you're good to go.

Option 2:
    1) Just click on the link and let it download to your desktop as appname.prc.txt
    2) Then, edit the file name to remove the .txt extension -- you'll receive a prompt asking "are you sure you want to change the extension from .txt to .prc?"
    3) Click "Use .prc"

Hope this helps.
    Is there an option for you to right click the file and hit "save as"?
    Quote Originally Posted by robct
    Is there an option for you to right click the file and hit "save as"?
    CTRL-Clicking on a link is basically the mac equivalent of right-clicking in windows.
  5.    #5  
    Thank you so much! Opt two worked like a charm.
    Excellent, I'm glad I could help. I'm curious why it sometimes happens -- I've only started seeing it within the last 6 months.
    Quote Originally Posted by karenct
    CTRL-Clicking on a link is basically the mac equivalent of right-clicking in windows.
    Oops Running Windows right now. Had a iBook 2 years ago so I forgot Looking into the PowerBooks though now..
    Quote Originally Posted by robct
    Looking into the PowerBooks though now..
    The current crop of powerbooks is amazing... enjoy!
    Quote Originally Posted by karenct
    The current crop of powerbooks is amazing... enjoy!
    ...but are they better than the intel-based PBs we'll be seeing soon(ish)??? Steve Jobs said intel-based Macs by the developer's conference next year (so could be 11 months, could be six) and it's hard to believe that the PBs with their ageing G4s won't close to the front of the queue, especially as the Pentium M is pretty much the star of the current intel line-up. G5 desktops are still competitive and the PowerMacs and iMacs will probably wait for something a bit further along the intel road map.