1.    #1  
    how do you enter an underscore _ on the keypad. i'm trying to check email but one of my pop usernames has an underscore in it.

thanks,
    The search feature is a wonderful option to use here. An alternative might also be to Read Ones Friggin Manual.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  3.    #3  
    yeah, the manual is at my house. thanks.
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    Use the Keyboard Help function. It lists all the alternate chars. To answer your question, I believe it's - followed by Alt. /Al
    snap! <^<< snap!
    Hi Sharkey! Thanks, I learn something new everyday! Didn't know the Keyboard Help Function was there in the Edit menu of any program that allows typing of characters. I was always guessing at what key to hit after "option" in the Option, Key(that might have the special character behind it), Alt sequence.

Cheers, Perry.
    Last edited by gtwo; 06/20/2005 at 07:43 AM.
    Option 1: change your pop username

Option 2: Type Option+s, then press the Alt (0) key. Select the underscore from the list of alternative characters.
    Quote Originally Posted by sharkey
    To answer your question, I believe it's - followed by Alt. /Al
    To answer his question, see post #2.

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    The search feature is a wonderful option to use here. An alternative might also be to Read Ones Friggin Manual.
    very clever senior-citizen-kicking-one
    Quote Originally Posted by shopharim
    very clever senior-citizen-kicking-one
    Finally, someone caught it!

Finally, someone caught it!

I saw it, you have used it before -- and you got a "very clever" then, too.!
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    I saw it, you have used it before -- and you got a "very clever" then, too.!
    Yes I have. It's my canned answer to this question. Best of both worlds you see, I can help the noobs, but still do it in my own special way.

See? I told you you're repeating yourself...
    hehehehe - cute!
    Palm M100 --> GSM Treo 600 --> GSM Treo 650 --> GSM Treo 680
    Best info in this thread was that the Special Character list is right in your hand!! under Keyboard Help, under edit, in the application you are using!!

Thanks to sharkey.

Cheers, Perry.
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    You're most welcome, Perry. I'm just giving back what with all the fantastic information I've obtained in this forum.

cheers,
    sharkey
    snap! <^<< snap!