Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 28
  1.    #1  
    ...
    Last edited by huydttran; 06/17/2005 at 04:22 PM.
  2. #2  
    call from another phone...

    or get the mail before the wife does.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

    Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  3. #3  
    If you're on Cingular, you can request "no detailed billing". But you won't have records of any other calls either.
  4. #4  
    Just call your service provider.
    I didnt want the numbers 3, 13, or 75215 to show up on my bill.
    And so far... i havent seen one of those!
  5. #5  
    If you don't want your wife/husband, boyfriend/girlfriend, etc. to see who you are calling, boning, etc., get a pre-paid phone (or SIM).

    And keep your call logs cleared and address book empty (or locked/private)!
  6. #6  
    Cheat with precaution, get a prepaid sim.
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    or get the mail before the wife does.
    LOL
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

  8. #8  
    Or find a mate you can trust not to snoop through your phones bills
    1 | 2
  9. #9  
    All mates are snoops...it goes with the territory. Privacy is a foreign concept to most women.; their need for control trumps it.
  10. kaoswlf's Avatar
    Posts
    349 Posts
    Global Posts
    353 Global Posts
    #10  
    Speaking of which... I have a question, is it possible to put passwords on certain functions of the phone? For example if I lend my phone to someone to make a call, can I put a password on my contacts list, message sessions and pics? Then they can use the phone and I don't have to worry about snooping...
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by MFizzel
    Or find a mate you can trust not to snoop through your phones bills
    Or one could stop being distrustful and calling numbers that they don't want seen.
  12. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by KAOSWLF
    Speaking of which... I have a question, is it possible to put passwords on certain functions of the phone? For example if I lend my phone to someone to make a call, can I put a password on my contacts list, message sessions and pics? Then they can use the phone and I don't have to worry about snooping...
    Why would anyone lend out their phone in the first place? I use my phone for way too much. Never know who may call, e-mail, or IM something that is Private or Secret.

    Best bet is to turn off detailed billing. Not like many people go back and read line by line any more. Back when cell phones were expensive and used for rare occasions, it was a necessity (almost). Now, I make nearly every call and don't have the time to filter through hundreds of calls on my bill.

    The the comcubine or booty call the rules. If she can't respect the rulz, drop her.
  13. #13  
    It looks like huydttran changed his/her original post.
  14. kaoswlf's Avatar
    Posts
    349 Posts
    Global Posts
    353 Global Posts
    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by baby_arm
    Why would anyone lend out their phone in the first place? I use my phone for way too much. Never know who may call, e-mail, or IM something that is Private or Secret.
    Because I'm a nice guy and if one of my friends/coworkers needs to make a call they can use my phone if they have bad reception their phone. I can go 3 minutes without my Treo in my hand. I just don't want anyone messing around whether on purpose or accidently... If I can put a password on certain areas of the phone then cool, but its not a huge deal or a must.

    In the future, if you don't have an answer to a question, maybe you should just ignore it, instead of answering a question with a question, leaving the original requester having to explain further. Not everyone is like you, and not everyone has the same phone usage. Thanks.
  15. #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkY
    It looks like huydttran changed his/her original post.
    Deleted it...but the title explains it anyways...

    Maybe he found out the wife\husband\girlfriend\boyfriend also browses TC??
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

    Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  16. #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by KAOSWLF
    In the future, if you don't have an answer to a question, maybe you should just ignore it, instead of answering a question with a question, leaving the original requester having to explain further.
    Yah, OK. Pot calling the kettle black?
  17. #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by KAOSWLF
    Because I'm a nice guy and if one of my friends/coworkers needs to make a call they can use my phone if they have bad reception their phone. I can go 3 minutes without my Treo in my hand. I just don't want anyone messing around whether on purpose or accidently... If I can put a password on certain areas of the phone then cool, but its not a huge deal or a must.

    In the future, if you don't have an answer to a question, maybe you should just ignore it, instead of answering a question with a question, leaving the original requester having to explain further. Not everyone is like you, and not everyone has the same phone usage. Thanks.
    If that's the case, why wouldn't you be standing right there? I wouldn't let my Treo out of my site for anyone.

    Pamela
  18. kaoswlf's Avatar
    Posts
    349 Posts
    Global Posts
    353 Global Posts
    #18  
    This is too funny... I had a simple question, who the hell cares where I am standing. What do you want me to stand inches away from them to hear every word they say on there conversation? Lets use a little common sense here. Basic question, is there a program that can let you put passwords on specific functions of the phone... yes or no... who what when why or how is not the issue. If you don't know, then please stop with the hypothetical questions... But what if they run away with the phone!! What if something falls in your eye and you can only watch them with one eye!! What if a bug lands on my screen and erases all my contacts!! What if I only answer posts that I have knowledge about??

    Thanks anyway, I'm sure someone will eventually answer...
  19. #19  
    From Contacts, you can Edit a contacts "details". Check the Private box.
    From there go back to Menu on the main Contacts page, and select Options>Security, and use Mask.

    This will grey out the contact, and only can be viewed with your system password...
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

    Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  20. kaoswlf's Avatar
    Posts
    349 Posts
    Global Posts
    353 Global Posts
    #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    From Contacts, you can Edit a contacts "details". Check the Private box.
    From there go back to Menu on the main Contacts page, and select Options>Security, and use Mask.

    This will grey out the contact, and only can be viewed with your system password...

    THANK YOU!!!! My god that was like pulling teeth... You da Man/Monkey Insertion... I appreciate your help.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions