1.    #1  
    My treo 600 car charger is stuck in my 2005 corolla cigarette charger right above the gear shifter. Won't come out unless I rip out the whole cigarette charger. This ever happen to anyone here with any model car?
    Well, it's time for a new car then :-)
    How long has it been in there?

I suppose WD40 is not a good thing to spray on an electrical connection. . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    How long has it been in there?

I suppose WD40 is not a good thing to spray on an electrical connection. . . .
    The WD in WD40 stands for Water Displacement. It's safe to use on electrical connections.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Given that we are talking about a car. . . . . . . may I say; "Don't flood it."
    You may also have a scenario where one (or more) of the contacts on the charger has "popped open" creating a fish hook situation that no amount of WD40 will undo.. . . . . . . . . .
    Something similar happened in my old Ford a couple of years ago. I ended up having the take the console aparts, remove the old socket from the rear, break it apart to free the plug, and then buy a new socket a Wal-Mart (or similar) place.

Good luck,
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    Quote Originally Posted by sazebac
    My treo 600 car charger is stuck in my 2005 corolla cigarette charger right above the gear shifter. Won't come out unless I rip out the whole cigarette charger. This ever happen to anyone here with any model car?
    Yep, had it happen in my Saturn. I wound up going to the dealership - they took out the lighter component (which was the thing with the problem), and disassembled it - my charger survived and the put in a new unit. Cost was less than $30.

Pamela
  9.    #9  
    I will probably end up taking it to Toyota. I suppose once they get it out I will not be able to use the car charger again unless I put the car charger in the cig lighter that is inside my storage console (which is the middle arm rest) and know that it will permanetely stay there.