Page 27 of 30 FirstFirst ... 17222324252627282930 LastLast
    I can't believe this thread is still going...
    Global Posts
    234 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hoovs View Post
    Um, not to be a kill-joy here, but there's only one... er... well, two things one should be doing on the can. Lingering can cause hemorrhoids. In other words: **** or get off the pot.
    Well, I always knew my 700p was a pain in the ****, now I have proof!
    Dan Finn
    Verizon 700wx
    Sometimes when I need to type a few sentences, pressing on the keyboard buttons can get noisy from all the click-clicks. I also don't want to give myself away to the guy in the next stall that I'm doing extracurricular activities that are outside the norm of restroom tasks. Therefore, I go to stealth mode, and switch to the virtual on-screen keyboard. Tapping the on-screen keyboard with a stylus makes no noise at all, and nobody in the next stall is the wiser. Anybody else do this??
    Casey
    Sprint 755p, 700p, 650 - I am not a geek! Really!
    Global Posts
    939 Global Posts
    so you're the silent but deadly type, eh caseychung?
    I gotta have more cowbell
    Quote Originally Posted by Casey Cheung View Post
    Sometimes when I need to type a few sentences, pressing on the keyboard buttons can get noisy from all the click-clicks. I also don't want to give myself away to the guy in the next stall that I'm doing extracurricular activities that are outside the norm of restroom tasks. Therefore, I go to stealth mode, and switch to the virtual on-screen keyboard. Tapping the on-screen keyboard with a stylus makes no noise at all, and nobody in the next stall is the wiser. Anybody else do this??

why not just shut off the system sound?
    ha wow just read this entire 27-page thread..and i'd just like to say I'm getting my 650 on monday early FINALLY and also that I've been a celebrated cell phone/PDA-user-in-the-bathroom for years now! Keep this thread going with stories!
    Quote Originally Posted by ttrundle View Post
    why not just shut off the system sound?
    Has nothing to do with the system sound. I already have my system sound turned off. Simply pressing down on the keyboard button makes a slight clicking sound, which can be heard in a silent room (eg: restroom). I'm talking about the physical pressing of keyboard buttons with my fingers, which makes a slight click click noise. An alternate quiet method is to switch to the on screen keyboard and tapping on the screen, as opposed to pressing the various keys on the keyboard.
    Casey
    Quote Originally Posted by guts311 View Post
    ha wow just read this entire 27-page thread..and i'd just like to say I'm getting my 650 on monday early FINALLY and also that I've been a celebrated cell phone/PDA-user-in-the-bathroom for years now! Keep this thread going with stories!
    Geez, I hope you didn't read all 27 pages while sitting on the thone! Your legs must be numb!
    Casey
    Quote Originally Posted by vw2002 View Post
    so you're the silent but deadly type, eh caseychung?
    Hyuck, hyuck! Yeah, that's right!
    Casey
    Geez, I hope you didn't read all 27 pages while sitting on the thone! Your legs must be numb!
    lol
    at&t iPhone3G
    hehe nope just while sitting at my pc...it's too cold in the bathroom right now to sit in there for that long!
    Hmm... When my 650 is on vibrate mode, the click-clicks go silent. I can also set the system sounds in the preferences.
    Mine's always in silent mode and on vibrate... The treo750 that is.
    i do sometimes check mail sometimes surf and also play bejeweled... a lot
    I can't say I do it every day....

But I have been known to play a bit of the Cubis while doing my business... LOL
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
    I honestly think everyone some time or another needs something at the throne let it be TV guide, newspaper, or even your Treo to keep you occupied while handling lonesome business.
    at&t iPhone3G
    "But I have been known to play a bit of the Cubis while doing my business... LOL"

Well, if it wasn't 'known' before, billions can know it now.
    Heh...
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
    I think OJ does it too:

If you have a Treo when you sit,
    You must take a Sh*t!
    Damn, I almost forgot about this thread

Reminds me, all the talk about SMS'ing causing thumb-aches among many younger ppl, how about the the constant sitting on the throne watching Sling or whatever you do with your Treo/PDA device? I just can't understand why certain seats cause the tinglies in my legs after a Treo-break
    ... Go Go TREO !!! The 700wx and T755P are awesome