Page 22 of 30 FirstFirst ... 121718192021222324252627 ... LastLast
    After reading these post, I'm going to fix my t/w so I don't have to take my treo 650 in the bathroom with me.
    Guilty of daily throne time with my 650.
    Global Posts
    882 Global Posts
    I know I don't have the 650 but I do have the 700 and yes I am guilty too.
    I almost always check the treocentral forums when I enter the meditation chamber. like now for example.
    I was sitting there in a hotel on business in Atlanta.. I had a huge dinner at the Fire of Brasil and needed to go BADLY... So I figure I'll take out my Treo and catch up on some emails...

Well all was well for about 10 minutes then then TERROR struck... My stylus slipped from my fingers and I heard the sickening sound as it went "Tink" into the bottom of the toilet bowl

Ok I now have to get up and figure out how to retrieve it....

Then a stroke of genius hit me as I looked at the garbage can... A plastic Garbage bag!!! I slipped the bag over my arm like a surgical glove. I was now prepared to enter the mud pie....It worked perfectly!!NO LEAKS!!

I reached inside this nasty swamp and felt around for my stylus. AHHH I got it... now I pull it up and have to figure out how to get it washed without touching it..
    Hmmm I am quite the Mcgyver tonight.. I decide... Flush the toilet and the clean water will rinse it clean.. It worked.. this was turning into a procedure that rivaled handling nuclear waste! While the left (Gloved) hand is still in the toilet I grabbed a piece of toilet paper with my right hand and deftly took the stylus. THen I slipped my hand out of the temporary glove and left it in the toilet. I then flushed the bag. I then went to the sink and proceeded to sterilize the stylus with hot water and soap.. I even followed up with a rinse of contact lens solution. I am happy to say.. All is well again.
    So, after all that you think all is well huh Dookie Man?
    Wisdom sheds light on the knowledge you have accumulated

Palm Pre (Sprint)
    TMI!!!!!!
    What's your ebay user ID? Buyer beware..
    Nik<hr>M100 --->M125 --->M500 --->Treo300 --->Sprint-Treo600 --->Sprint-Treo650
    <hr>
    Rom 8:31 <'><
    <marquee bgcolor=red width=150 height=5>
    1 in 150 babies born today will have some form of Autism
    </marquee>
    Unlocking Autism Mission Trips to Honduras My Space
    Ha! No kidding...that Treo has been "flagged" and can not be returned (that's a Seinfeld reference...anyone? Anyone?)
    Lois: I guarantee you a MAN made that commercial...

Peter: Of course a man made it Lois. It's a commercial, not a delicious Thanksgiving dinner.
    yeah, i'd much rather have my hand in the liner from a public toilet garbage can, way to go
    Global Posts
    320 Global Posts
    If my $400 phone falls in the toilet I figure out a way to get it out. If my $4 stylus falls in I think I'll be buying a new stylus.
    Now here is a thread chock-full of tips.
    It's real life stories like this that are the best teachers.
    I've never had to fish anything out of a full bowl...but I think the plastic can liner idea is truely genius.

If ever I should need to go fishing...YOU just saved me a few precious brain cells.

Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by Franko515
    So, after all that you think all is well huh Dookie Man?
    lmao
    That's gross... They sell styluses in three packs now Dookie Man . Another tip... Grow a "utility" fingernail.
    That's just wrong....it was only a stylus.
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    Global Posts
    212 Global Posts
    LMAO!
    Dookie man! hahahaha
    Palm IIIe -> Visor Deluxe -> Palm 505 -> Clie tj37 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700P
    I surely hope that stylus was gold with a diamond on top.

If not, I guess you could swap it with the one in your bosses Treo, just so you know you have a nice clean stylus to work with. j/p, I wouldn't do that.
    This sort of reminds me of an incident that happend recently where a woman asked for my help in turning off her Blackberry. When I noticed the display was distorted and it wouldn't power cycle I removed the battery cover and it was like pouring a glass of water. She did admit to dropping it in the toilet. Yeah I washed my hands after Anyway, out all the authorized dealers I've been to I found one in Canada that offers Rogers customers liquid damage at Rogers Plus. They quoted me $110.00 dollars for a 3 year warrenty that not only extends Palm's one year hardware warrenty but also replacement battery, liquid damage as well accidental damage. This is sort of similar to what companies like Dell and HP offer their customers purchasing laptops. It's not to much to spend when one considers how much the device you're spending on actually cost not only to first purchase but replace if damaged beyond the normal warrenty coverage.
    All I can say is:

Ewwwwwwwww! Ew! Ew! Ew! Ew! Ew! Ew! Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!

Way TMI! Why would you share this? Worse yet, why did I read this after seeing the title?!

P.s. Ewwwwwwwwwwww! Think about the little cracks toilet juice might have seeped into. Ewwwwwwwwwwww! Ucky!

You must have really loved that stylus, 'cause I'd have ditched that mo' fo'. Better yet, I wouldn't be using my Treo while on the toilet, or in the general area either.

Gah-rowss!

And now:
    My 700P will be better than your 700p!

Signed,
    The n00b!

P.s. Bow before me!

Don't just see the n00b, be the n00b! Wait, no...
    Quote Originally Posted by OnceUponAn00b
    All I can say is:

Ewwwwwwwww! Ew! Ew! Ew! Ew! Ew! Ew! Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!

Way TMI! Why would you share this? Worse yet, why did I read this after seeing the title?!

P.s. Ewwwwwwwwwwww! Think about the little cracks toilet juice might have seeped into. Ewwwwwwwwwwww! Ucky!

You must have really loved that stylus, 'cause I'd have ditched that mo' fo'. Better yet, I wouldn't be using my Treo while on the toilet, or in the general area either.

Gah-rowss!

I know I am

A few facts you may have missed..
    1. It was a clean Garbage bag and I was back in my hotel room
    2. I realize it was only a stylus. But I would not have been able to flush the toilet in my room if I did not get it out..
    Quote Originally Posted by blackvette
    I know I am

A few facts you may have missed..
    1. It was a clean Garbage bag and I was back in my hotel room
    2. I realize it was only a stylus. But I would not have been able to flush the toilet in my room if I did not get it out..
    This makes no sense. Why wouldn't you be able to flush it?
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."