1.    #1  
    HP has picked up former palmOne CEO Todd Bradley to run its PC and gadget business.
    Bradley, 46, spent three years as palmOne's CEO before leaving the company in February. At HP, Bradley will serve as EVP in charge of the Personal Systems Group (PSG) - the unit responsible for PCs, workstations, monitors and handhelds.

"Todd Bradley is an outstanding executive with a long track record of growing businesses, executing against plans and exceeding targets," said Mark Hurd, HP's CEO. "His experience driving growth and profitability in highly competitive hardware fields make him well-suited for this position."
    HP had combined its PSG and Printing and Imaging businesses in January under the leadership of Vyomesh (V.J) Joshi. Now, however, HP plans to make PSG a standalone business once again, leaving Joshi in charge of just printing and imaging products.
    Bradley will face the very serious challenge of returning consistency to the PSG unit. HP's computer business has long waffled between profit and loss as it struggles to compete against Dell and other low-cost PC makers.
    Difficult conditions, however, won't be a shocker for Bradley who endured much turmoil during his tenure at palmOne. He led the acquisition of Handspring and worked to define the company after the original Palm split into separate hardware and software entities.

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2005/06...lmone_bradley/
    oh well, so much for the improvements HP was making over the last year.

bradley will further ruin the division, based on his P1 performance.
    Under Bradley, PalmOne actually made a profit fyi!

Anway, Bradley is an operations guys and he obviously has experience turnng things around at Palmone and Gateway, where is was before PalmOne...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    I think it's a good move by HP to refocus the PC/Handheld group as a standalone unit once again instead of being joined with the imaging group. But I still see this reschuffling as all incremental improvements.

I'm still disappointed that this industry has lost the innovation of Jeff Hawkins, now onto more grandiose endeavours, and that plus the speed-to-market of Sony...
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic
    Under Bradley, PalmOne actually made a profit fyi!

Anway, Bradley is an operations guys and he obviously has experience turnng things around at Palmone and Gateway, where is was before PalmOne...
    Profit, true, but stock price is about the same since he took hold (if not lower). CEOs leave when they see the ship sinking...grab the cash and run.

Palm customer service has gone down the crapper over the past couple years as well.

Also, his departure hurts the bottom line for P1:
    http://www.thestreet.com/_googlen/st...FREE&cm_ite=NA

Oh well...we'll see if the next guy brings some mojo or if it is more of the same.