Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 35
  1.    #1  
    I've been researching getting a Treo 650 or Blackberry since late 2004.
    Now, it being June, is a successor to the Tre 650 due in the Fall?
  2. #2  
    stay tuned...
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

    Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  3. #3  
    I'm wondering about the same thing myself. I have been given the greenlight to upgrade if I want to, but I don't want to buy the T650 now, if a new model is on the horizon. I'm quite happy with the T600 now but I would upgrade only if there was a major improvement in performance and features.
    Palm m505 -> Treo600 (GSM ATT) -> Treo650 (Cingular) -> BB8700g -> BB Pearl
    "The point of living and of being an optimist, is to be foolish enough to believe the best is yet to come."
  4. #4  
    There will [I]always be something on the horizon, no matter how whiz-bang the latest and greatest is (or isn't). If you are always wanting the best you will either (a) never buy or (b) constantly be upgrading.
  5. #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by taroliw
    There will [I]always be something on the horizon, no matter how whiz-bang the latest and greatest is (or isn't). If you are always wanting the best you will either (a) never buy or (b) constantly be upgrading.
    are you talking about women or gadgets?
    Palm m505 -> Treo600 (GSM ATT) -> Treo650 (Cingular) -> BB8700g -> BB Pearl
    "The point of living and of being an optimist, is to be foolish enough to believe the best is yet to come."
  6. #6  
    *cough* men or gadgets, excuse me. And I was actually talking about gadgets.
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by taroliw
    There will [I]always be something on the horizon, no matter how whiz-bang the latest and greatest is (or isn't). If you are always wanting the best you will either (a) never buy or (b) constantly be upgrading.
    Exactly, something is always on the horizon. Live for today!
    -->BtDUN pre- and post- SprintPCS update 1.12 paired to PC and PPC.
    Darth_Maul -- a dark attacker, trained in the Jedi arts.
  8. #8  
    today sucks - maybe tomorrow will be better.H
    Palm m505 -> Treo600 (GSM ATT) -> Treo650 (Cingular) -> BB8700g -> BB Pearl
    "The point of living and of being an optimist, is to be foolish enough to believe the best is yet to come."
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by BJNY
    I've been researching getting a Treo 650 or Blackberry since late 2004.
    Now, it being June, is a successor to the Tre 650 due in the Fall?
    Depends on your desired carrier. . . . . . . . .


    My Forecast the next Treo (7xx):

    Sprint = December 2005

    Cingular = February 2006

    Verizon = June 2006

    Cheers, Perry.
  10. #10  
    I'm gonna have a great time telling my wife, that I will be needing to upgrade my 650.....
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

    My beer blogs:

    Rev. Rhino on Flickr

    Rev. Rhino on Twitter
  11. #11  
    Well...I have a friend at PalmOne...

    It's all very hush, but he says the NEXT Treo won't come out (for Sprint...duh!!!) until first quarter 2006, and it won't be an appreciable difference from the 650. It will have WiFi, and improved memory, but it will have more resident apps some users won't like (like VersaMail).

    He did say the VersaMail will be greatly improved...apparently Palm blames a lot of bad Treo press on the problem with VersaMail...
  12. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by jctonett
    He did say the VersaMail will be greatly improved...apparently Palm blames a lot of bad Treo press on the problem with VersaMail...
    Heh. Tell your friend I blame most of the problems on their crappy SDK. Tell him they need to get a REAL MIDP2.0 and Flash lite stack since that's where most of the development action is.
  13. #13  
    Basically the next gen should hit (Sprint first, as usual) when Sprint rolls out its next network upgrade. I heard no dramatic improvement, but all incremental worthwhile stuff. I used to be a Handspring employee and my palmOne contacts have led me to believe wifi will NOT be part of the upgrade. Bummer, because that is the feature I really want! D'oh!

    ~O
  14. #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by jctonett
    Well...I have a friend at PalmOne...

    It's all very hush, but he says the NEXT Treo won't come out (for Sprint...duh!!!) until first quarter 2006, and it won't be an appreciable difference from the 650. It will have WiFi, and improved memory, but it will have more resident apps some users won't like (like VersaMail).

    He did say the VersaMail will be greatly improved...apparently Palm blames a lot of bad Treo press on the problem with VersaMail...
    Quote Originally Posted by oyinbo
    Basically the next gen should hit (Sprint first, as usual) when Sprint rolls out its next network upgrade. I heard no dramatic improvement, but all incremental worthwhile stuff. I used to be a Handspring employee and my palmOne contacts have led me to believe wifi will NOT be part of the upgrade. Bummer, because that is the feature I really want! D'oh!

    ~O

    Well, I hope the first rumor is true!!

    However, I'm not sure I'd care about wifi if the Treo's radio supported 1xEvDo or UMTS.

    Also, I hope Palm increases the measely ram to min 64 MB NVFS. In fact I hope they at leaset match the T5 and integrate drive mode feature as well. I 2 MP cam would also be nice as well as better software bundle, faster proc etc...
    _________________
    aka Gfunkmagic

    Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w



    Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

    Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
  15. #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by oyinbo
    Basically the next gen should hit (Sprint first, as usual) when Sprint rolls out its next network upgrade. I heard no dramatic improvement, but all incremental worthwhile stuff. I used to be a Handspring employee and my palmOne contacts have led me to believe wifi will NOT be part of the upgrade. Bummer, because that is the feature I really want! D'oh!

    ~O
    damn! and here I was hoping that it would have a zoom-flash 4MP still-video camera, integrated iPOD & XM radio, and built-in software for voice-dialing, video players etc.

    Guess I'll have to wait till the next decade!
    Palm m505 -> Treo600 (GSM ATT) -> Treo650 (Cingular) -> BB8700g -> BB Pearl
    "The point of living and of being an optimist, is to be foolish enough to believe the best is yet to come."
  16. #16  
    Yea I don't care about wifi either if the Treo's radio supported 1xEvDo. More memory and better BT is all I really need
  17. #17  
    Maybe the Treo 650 successor is here: The HTC Universal. It's an MS-system but cool none the less. Reminiscent of the Motorola MPx that vanished into vaporware.
  18. #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by oyinbo
    Basically the next gen should hit (Sprint first, as usual) when Sprint rolls out its next network upgrade. I heard no dramatic improvement, but all incremental worthwhile stuff. I used to be a Handspring employee and my palmOne contacts have led me to believe wifi will NOT be part of the upgrade. Bummer, because that is the feature I really want! D'oh!

    ~O
    Do you know if improved stability (of the whole device - sw, fw, hardware) is likely? If it's just a 650 with better phone funcitons, (sound, radio, noise cancelling mic etc) more reliability and EV-DO it's worth the wait & my $. I'll vote for EV-DO so that the device isn't obsolete soon after I buy it. I can't imagine they won't spec more memory, it's so cheap in volume that P1 can't be dumb enough to skimp on that again.
  19. kaoswlf's Avatar
    Posts
    349 Posts
    Global Posts
    353 Global Posts
    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by rambo47
    Maybe the Treo 650 successor is here: The HTC Universal. It's an MS-system but cool none the less. Reminiscent of the Motorola MPx that vanished into vaporware.
    Nice looking phone... Looks like a Mature Sidekick.
  20. #20  
    My original Handspring Treo 600 is getting pretty tired. Color fading in parts of the screen, lost a row of pixels, I think it even coughed last week. Even the replacement aftermarket battery (BAD IDEA) may be giving up the ghost.

    The race is on! If it dies, I'll buy something, probably a Treo 650 or whatever Sprint's whizbangiest PDA/phone is at the time. If I can hold out for the T7xx, I will (IFF WiFi and more memory, my personal hot buttons).
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions