1.    #1  
    With the recent annoucement that palmOne owns the name "Palm" again, I thought I would bring up this question: "Have your Palm OS devices always been from Palm?"

I know that a lot of people think of all PDAs has "Palms", but I have always owned "Palm Branded" handhelds.

I created a "discontinued Palm OS device" page.

I though it would be nice to walk down memory lane.

In addition, I create a poll that asks the question too. You can vote from the front page (right column).

Have you too been loyal to the Palm Inc (PalmOne) brand?
    Looking for a way to earn additional income? One that allows you to not only market services people use everyday, but the services of the future too? This opportunity provides outstanding earning potential with ongoing training and support. You are in business for yourself but never by yourself. Stop imagining and start living.

Independent Representative
    Carl Brooks
    carl@techloyal.com
    http://www.techloyal.com
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    Ok but your survey needs a few extras. For wireless palm, add Yes - CDMA. Also Treo 650s have both bluetooth and GPRS/CDMA).

For palm loyal, both 1 and 4 are true :

1000, 5000, Professional, VII, V, Vx, Clie N610, Clie SJ33, Kyocera 7135, Treo 600
    Nope, first 2 were Handspring...pre-merger.

My sig has the progression.

The T300 was Handsping branded as well.
    Visor Platinum-->Visor NEO--->M505--->Treo 300 Sprint--->Treo 600---> TREO 650 ---> Treo 700P ---> Treo 755 --->Touch Diamond--->Touch Pro ---> Palm Pre
    Check out the expert judges at http//:mobileappsshowdown.com
    Wow.

Your page make me shutter. To think how much money I've spent on Palm OS devices over the years.

As for your question. My answer is no.

For Palm devices I've owned: III, IIIc, V, Vx, VII, Zire 71, Tungsten C, Tungsten E. Treo 650.

For non Palm devices I've owned: Handspring Treo 300, Handspring Treo 600, Sony Clie.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonman
    Nope, first 2 were Handspring...pre-merger.

My sig has the progression.

The T300 was Handsping branded as well.

Handspring doesn't count as being non-Palm , as it was started by the guy who started Palm after he left the USRobotics fold. Then he's back. Now he's gone again? Help me here people . . . what is his name?

P.S. (All Palm.)
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    Handspring doesn't count as being non-Palm , as it was started by the guy who started Palm after he left the USRobotics fold. Then he's back. Now he's gone again? Help me here people . . . what is his name?

P.S. (All Palm.)
    Jeff Hawkins

But Handspring and Palm were two different companies. I don't think they should be counted the same.
    Quote Originally Posted by lgreenberg
    Jeff Hawkins

But Handspring and Palm were two different companies. I don't think they should be counted the same.
    ...and his book On Intelligence is very interesting. He's founded a new company called Numenta that is working on giving machines human-like intelligence.

Back on topic. Prior to my 600 and 650, I owned the Samsung i300 and i330.
    Quote Originally Posted by lgreenberg
    Jeff Hawkins

I agree, but it was his creative energy that created Palm, then Handspring, then saved Palm's bacon by "merging" back.

We owe the man a great debt of gratitude!

Cheers, Perry.
    Nope, see sig.
    Palm III -> Palm Vx -> Clie T615c -> Clie T665c -> Tungsten T|3 -> Treo 650 -> Trew 700W (for a few days) -> XV6700 -> Moto Q
    http://geckotek.blogspot.com
    Nope, the first one was from 3Com, then I had a Sony (still keep it actually). So technically, 650 is my first Palm device
    Pilot Pro > 2Mb+IrDA upgrade > Clie T615C > Treo 650
    Palm III > Sony N760C > Palm Tungsten T3 (Still have) > PalmOne Unlocked Treo 650 GSM
    My original Palm Pilot Personal was branded US Robotics. IIRC, the III was branded 3Com, and the IIIx, Palm. The Prism was a Handspring of course, and the Clie, a Sony.

So technically speaking, this is only my second actual "Palm" device!
    Palm Pilot Personal -> Palm III -> Palm IIIx -> Visor Prism -> Clie TJ37 -> Treo 650 -> GSM Centro
    If you count PDA, then yes; if you count gadgets, then no.

m100->PalmIIIc-> (some nokia phone->Samsung s307->Gameboy SP-> SE K700i)->Treo 650

All my PDA are/were made by Palm directly.