1.    #1  
    New Treo 650 (cingular)
    1> Text messaging not working (text service is turned on with cingular)
    2> Bluetooth other cells can send me info but my info not going out
    3> I would like to download ringtones and songs directly into my sounds
    and assign to specific people

Can I get music from ITunes?
    Thank you
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCatsMeow
    New Treo 650 (cingular)
    1> Text messaging not working (text service is turned on with cingular)
    2> Bluetooth other cells can send me info but my info not going out
    3> I would like to download ringtones and songs directly into my sounds
    and assign to specific people

Can I get music from ITunes?
    Thank you
    A couple of points for you:

First, you may consider searching the threads before posting questions that may have been covered before (in probably a much better way than I.)

1. Text messaging: check with cingular to see what might be causing the issue.

2. What kinds of phones are sending you info...treo 650s? Is your bt radio turned on?

3. Download ringtones directly to your treo through websites like 3gforfree.com

If you want to assign them to specific people, you may have to have them in your favorites (thats what you have to do on the 600). I think there are 3rd party software solutions that may work as well.

"Can I get music from ITunes?". I dont know...can you? If the question is that you want to play them on your treo...I think you might look at The Core Pocket MediaPlayer.
    As T2 says, searching here should find your answers. Did you try searching first ?

I quickly searched on "iTunes" and found : -
    "I don't think there is a solution for the iTunes Store music, as its DRM is a locked format."
    Quote Originally Posted by ChasT
    As T2 says, searching here should find your answers. Did you try searching first ?

I quickly searched on "iTunes" and found : -
    "I don't think there is a solution for the iTunes Store music, as its DRM is a locked format."
    Actually, Aeroplayer now plays AAC format and provides a way to make DRM'd files playable, via the Hymn Project:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/showthread.php?t=81053
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Gamble
    Actually, Aeroplayer now plays AAC format and provides a way to make DRM'd files playable, via the Hymn Project:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/showthread.php?t=81053
    Which goes to prove that the answer is out there, you just need to search here for it
    Thought of the day :
    No sense being pessimistic, it probably wouldn't work anyway
    I'm sure if you do a search, you can find 100 places where people gripe about people saying you should do a search.
    Aside from the fact that he didn't search, the title of this thread should have drawn flames.

I'm surprised the Holy Trinity of TC hasn't made an appearance... must be too early
    Normally I would have set flame to you...

However, I'm feeling guilty. Due to my actions this morning, God has killed a kitten. I'll spare TheCatsMeow for now...
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    Normally I would have set flame to you...

However, I'm feeling guilty. Due to my actions this morning, God has killed a kitten. I'll spare TheCatsMeow for now...
    Due to my actions this morning, kittens are purrrring around the world. So rid yourself of guilt, my love...
  10.    #10  
    Hello and thanks (I think) for the response
    1st before this treo click runs me off please know I did a search.. several actually.. for the info and did not have luck finding what I needed to know, albeit I am not as forum savy as some of you but I did "search"

I finally figured the text thing out after several attempts to text it just finally "took".. who knows

Yes of course the BT is on and "discoverable" and the other cell phones (not other treo 650s) are on as well, I am still working on that one

Downloading ringtones directly to my treo is a smashing idea and I have actually tried a time or two once with a software called "tones" and again through cingular I have run into a problem with the type of phone.. the treo is not an option and you cant move forward .. i am looking forward to the suggested site 3gforfree.com -thank you

Assigning contacts to the fav/quicklist is what I need to do to assign a ringtone its the software/download deal that doesn't work right.. I am working on it..

Yes sassy pants I CAN get tunes from itunes but I was curious from you master treonauts if I could somehow take it from itunes over to the treo..

I have seen many posts chastized in this forum for not searching or assuming one did not search.. perhaps an index might help

Thank you again for all your input
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCatsMeow
    Hello and thanks (I think) for the response

I have seen many posts chastized in this forum for not searching or assuming one did not search.. perhaps an index might help

Thank you again for all your input
    OK perhaps we have been a bit harsh, lets start again then.

I would suggest that if you go into the Bluetooth forum and start a thread called "Problem connecting out with BT" you will get lots of help from users who have BT working well for them ?

As for an index, yes that a very good idea, but it would never be up to date as this place changes every minute. On here and mytreo.net the index is called an FAQ, after that you search for your answer and after that you ask a question.

For example you will find everthing you need to know about downloading ring tones in the FAQ.

"1> Text messaging not working"
    OK back to you now, YOU must admit that this question really was too broad. It's like posting on a car forum "my car will not start what do I do next"
    If you gave us the actual problem I'm sure you would have got help

I know it's working for you now, but it sounds like you do not know why it's working, so it might stop again. Care to explain the full problem
    Thought of the day :
    No sense being pessimistic, it probably wouldn't work anyway
    FYI, Kinoma player 3 also supports AAC file types...

Yes sassy pants I CAN get tunes from itunes but I was curious from you master treonauts if I could somehow take it from itunes over to the treo..
    Look, this is a basic feature (or rather limitation) of DRM'd music! You cannot simply copy it over from one device to another without encountering barriers! The most straightforward solution is to burn the music as wav file to CD and then rip them again to mp3/OGG format. ALso as previously stated, you can use hymn to remove the fairplay DRM from itunes ACC files...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Sassy pants????
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    Sassy pants????

I'm still not sure who that was aimed at

".....if I could somehow take it from itunes over to the treo.."

I still don't understand the question, if it was better put a full answer would be forth coming

There again, if the question had been asked in the Multimedia forum ..............................
  15.    #15  
    Hello all
    Text not working = not recieving not being recieved, no error message involved. Cingular had no explanation but It is working now

I felt "general chat" was a good place to start but perhaps I could have spread the posts out a bit to specific areas.. thank you for your input

I use iTunes on my PC and with my Mini iPod soooo i was just curious if I could somehow get away with using the existing library to move music over to the Treo.. it was a stretch but I thought I would throw it out there

I will take your advice and post my BT question in the BT Forum

Thanks again