1.    #1  
    How do you enter international numbers in order that the individual GSM networks recognize the country code? for example Switzerland: 01141-local number or +1141-local number? I am going to use the phone in Switzerland and the USA and do not want to change my numbers all the time. The number in the database have to work with every system. Thxs for any info.
    I'm not 100% sure but I think that 011 is the international prefix when calling from the USA so you should simply replace that with +. Calling Switzerland would be +41 etc. At least that's how it works in Europe.
    Exactly, + then country code then number. So a USA number (NYC) would be: +1 212 123 4567 . Or a Swiss would be +41 XXXXXXXX. All GSM networks recognize the + as an international code.
    -mbd26
    I should add that you can leave the + prefix even within your country. So for example if you are in Seattle and calling NYC at +1 212 123 4567 it's no problem (or dialing +41 12 345 6789 from Geneva to Lugano), the network will realize that it is not really an international call. That way you can set up your contacts with the + permanently and it's good to go anywhere.
    -mbd26
    I should add that you can leave the + prefix even within your country. So for example if you are in Seattle and calling NYC at +1 212 123 4567 it's no problem (or dialing +41 12 345 6789 from Geneva to Lugano), the network will realize that it is not really an international call. That way you can set up your contacts with the + permanently and it's good to go anywhere.
    -mbd26