Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Maybe the information in this free pdf-download will be usefull. It's chapter 3 from Larry Becker's 'The Palm Business Book' and this chapter is about Time Management on a PalmOS pda.
    For the phone call tracking piece, you might want to try 'PhoneLog' from Handshigh Software:

http://www.handshigh.com/html/phonelog.html

it might do just what you want. It's been around for a while, but it basically allows you to enter every phone call made/received, voice mails you get, etc, in a manner that you can review and deal with more effectively.

Way back in the day (I can't even remember who) another company took the PhoneLog app base code, and put a wrapper on it that turned the app into one called 'PocketJournal' - the entries would export into the Journal part of Outlook. Very nice - I used it all the time. But that's gone away now, I think. (a little trip down memory lane fer y'all).

Good luck.
    Datebk5 is a great scheduling program - I've used it for years! It can be as simple or as complex and personalized as you want it. It knocked my socks off the day I started using it and it only gets better with time (as you learn to used the advanced preferences to suit it exactly to your liking).

Also, the support from the developer is great!

-jeff
  4.    #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by treo2die4
    Agendus mail is buggy. Agendus Pro does launch snapper
    Thanks a bunch. I plan on making my final decision and purchases this weekend. I make sure I have plenty of time on my hands when installing things (heck, I've already crashed this thing out twice).
    Agendus mail is okay, and more stable now, but I still go with Snapper, as the interfaces and functionality is better for me.

I launch Snapper from Agendus (Pro) and is works fine.
    Global Posts
    166 Global Posts
    VersaMail is buggy for you? It used to be buggy for me before the Sprint updated ROM, but now with the update it has been pretty good for me. What carrier are you using and are you using an updated ROM? One thing I use to keep a copy of my sent mail is to use the prefrences "Reply Options" to always send a copy of my outgoing mail to my self at a different email address, which I then automatically sort into my sent mail folder in Outlook. This works well for me.
    Global Posts
    215 Global Posts
    Does anyone know if you can enter appointments, tasks, etc. using BT? I don't have a TREO, I have a Motorola V710 and I want to just talk into the headset to enter appts or notes after a call. If the 710 won't do it, will the TREO 650?
    Thx,
    Kelizrm
  8. fnj
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    One word: Moleskine

I'm with you on the idea of writing things down, but no Franklin planners for me. I carry my Treo for organization and my Moleskine for writing things down. Pick one up at Borders or Barnes and Noble. You'll like it. Trust me.

Quote Originally Posted by mediasi
    Well, that WON'T happen. I'm one of those folks who must write things down - if I don't write it with a pen, it's like it's not real. But take note, I use the planner in the office and document *everything* I work on - all phone calls, all billable time, notes, etc. I fill at least both pages per day every day. I don't plan to put ALL this on the Treo - I mainly just want to note my calls while I'm not in the office and setup alerts and meeting schedules - for records and reminders.

I do development work on the web, and take notes throughout the entire day.

Pamela
    Quote Originally Posted by fnj
    One word: Moleskine

I'm with you on the idea of writing things down, but no Franklin planners for me. I carry my Treo for organization and my Moleskine for writing things down. Pick one up at Borders or Barnes and Noble. You'll like it. Trust me.
    could you elaborate on what exactly this moleskine is and does??? Much appreciated...
    I'm not weird... I'm gifted!!!
  10. fnj
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    Well now, that takes all of the Googling fun out of it!

Anyway, a Moleskine is simply a brand of paper journal. It's the same brand of journal that Picaso and Hemingway used in their day, so they've got a long history. They've got a ribbon bookmark, an accordian pocket in back, and an elastic band to hold the whole thing shut. They come in various sizes and paper types, and one color (black). Here's the company site: www.modoemodo.com

There's also a blog dedicated to them: http://www.moleskinerie.com/

Frankly, when I first heard about them, I thought the whole thing was a little wacky, but I tried it out and am a fan.

Quote Originally Posted by WiggyFife
    could you elaborate on what exactly this moleskine is and does??? Much appreciated...
    Quote Originally Posted by fnj
    Well now, that takes all of the Googling fun out of it!

Anyway, a Moleskine is simply a brand of paper journal. It's the same brand of journal that Picaso and Hemingway used in their day, so they've got a long history. They've got a ribbon bookmark, an accordian pocket in back, and an elastic band to hold the whole thing shut. They come in various sizes and paper types, and one color (black). Here's the company site: www.modoemodo.com

There's also a blog dedicated to them: http://www.moleskinerie.com/

Frankly, when I first heard about them, I thought the whole thing was a little wacky, but I tried it out and am a fan.
    Thanks for the explanation...
    I'm not weird... I'm gifted!!!
  12.    #32  
    Quote Originally Posted by jacobh
    VersaMail is buggy for you? It used to be buggy for me before the Sprint updated ROM, but now with the update it has been pretty good for me. What carrier are you using and are you using an updated ROM? One thing I use to keep a copy of my sent mail is to use the prefrences "Reply Options" to always send a copy of my outgoing mail to my self at a different email address, which I then automatically sort into my sent mail folder in Outlook. This works well for me.
    Got the latest - using VZW. Right now if I try to launch versamail the Treo resets, and I cannot access anything. It's a nightmare.

Pamela
  13.    #33  
    Quote Originally Posted by Roel
    Maybe the information in this free pdf-download will be usefull. It's chapter 3 from Larry Becker's 'The Palm Business Book' and this chapter is about Time Management on a PalmOS pda.
    I want to graciously thank you for this info. I've been reading it a few times over to get exactly what I want.

Pamela
    Global Posts
    166 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mediasi
    Got the latest - using VZW. Right now if I try to launch versamail the Treo resets, and I cannot access anything. It's a nightmare.

Pamela
    This is a somewhat common problem with the old version (before 3.0C). It happens if the files get corrupt. You can find instructions on how to fix it at the palm one site, but basically you just delete the corrupt mailbox files and then it will recreate them.
    I just went to take a look at life@hand...but thewebsite shows no info about it. BeantownTreo600 doyou know if PDA performance pulled the product or is it an eminent release? WHat do you know about this app in terms of when it is supposed to be available?
    Quote Originally Posted by snortch
    I just went to take a look at life@hand...but thewebsite shows no info about it. BeantownTreo600 doyou know if PDA performance pulled the product or is it an eminent release? WHat do you know about this app in terms of when it is supposed to be available?
    I don't know. I used to visit that website (www.lifeathand.com) for updates on development progress but it doesn't seem to be working anymore. A quick search on their site and I only found a one-entry post for Life@Hand beta testers (http://www.pdaperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3). Email the dev team for progress
    Sprint Treo 600 (since October '03) --> PPC 6700 (exactly 29 days) --> Sprint Treo 600 --> Sprint Treo 700p --> BB Curve 8330.
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Mediasi,

I too am a Time Management Freak, having worked for FranklinCovey and attended their seminars I am huge fan of their methodology. I too feel your pain on many levels. But I think you need to ask youself a question. How much time do you spend actually at the computer? If it is a lot of time, or more than half your day, I would say go with PlanPlus, it does everything your paper planner did I find it a huge relief to use. The only thing is the Task List is not 5-Way Navigator compatible and so you will need to use your finger to create a new task. Other than that it works great. Plus Palm has come out with new patches for the Treo and Outlook syncing.
    If you are not using your computer then I would move to Agendas Pro, I have tried the demo and like it but, I keep going back to PlanPlus because of the Daily Record of Events and Task Lists, but I also am at my desk about 50% of the day and the PlanPlus Home page is so wonderfull to use.

Hope that helps!
    Have you guys looked at the CLP Suite?

No syncing. Great time management abilities. I am trying it out right now and it's awesome.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...&highlight=clp
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
    CLP Suite looks very interesting. Expensive, but costs can be relative depending on how profitable the application makes you.

For people considering CLP Suite, I would suggest comparing it to another program - Time Matters. It's also somewhat expensive ($350) but EXTREMELY comprehensive and the best at what it does. It includes syncing to the Treo for contacts, memos, to-do's, and calendar. http://www.timematters.com/products/...ters/business/
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12