1.    #1  
    I just got back from a trip through Europe, and I found on my Cingular bill a number of charges for voicemail connections in Europe for my Treo 650. I did not call my voicemail number, so I am guessing that when I accidentally hit the "Phone" button three times, it tried to dial my voicemail.

I've been looking in the manual and cannot find a way to disable voicemail. I would do this before leaving the country to make sure that I wouldn't accidentally hit the buttons and get whacked for charges.

Anybody got any ideas?

Thanks,
    Leo
    Quote Originally Posted by LeoB
    I did not call my voicemail number, so I am guessing that when I accidentally hit the "Phone" button three times, it tried to dial my voicemail.

Hitting the "phone" button 3x's initiates REDIAL. Apparently, the last call placed was to voicemail; hence the subsequent 3 button scenario. The first one, you need to claim ownership of, the others could have been avoided by invoking keyguard.

If all your 3 button presses kept initiating voicemail, are you saying that you never once made a phone call (to anyone) while in Europe?
    ~ ScandaLous ~
    Also what might have happend, when you are roaming and you don't answer a phone call and the call gets transfered to voicemail, you are still charged for the call because it is transfering the call back to your voicemail in the states.
    Quote Originally Posted by latca
    Also what might have happend, when you are roaming and you don't answer a phone call and the call gets transfered to voicemail, you are still charged for the call because it is transfering the call back to your voicemail in the states.
    latca - you are correct. Call and dispute the charges as I did so. I was on a layover in NAS and I didn't answer my phone but yet received vm charges (actually - all v.m's are call fwds). I disputed and they removed.
    Last edited by pilotmedic; 06/18/2005 at 07:53 PM. Reason: spelling
    You have to disable ALL forwarding to voicemail. If I travel from Sweden to Spain with my phone off and then turn my phone on in Spain, the Spanish operator immediately finds my phone. If I then turn it off and never turn in on again during my stay, all my calls will be "sent" from Sweden to Spain and then to my voicemail and the charge outside Sweden will appear on my bill.