Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Found this:

leshert writes "After years of denying the problem with bad backup capacitors, Palm is settling a class action suit. If you have a dead Palm m100, m105, or m125, fill out the paperwork, and send it in, Palm will replace it with a new unit. No word yet on with what they'll be replacing it with, but I can imagine there are a lot of pack-rat geeks like me with one or more dead PDAs stashed away in a box."
    Anyone have any more info? I have an old M100 that I would love to get replaced by a lifedrive for free.
    Soylent Green Is People

My Current Weather For Vancouver, BC
    He aint' Chillin, he's Thievin' :-)
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by mikec
    He aint' Chillin, he's Thievin' :-)
    meaning?

Do you think somehow I am trying to take credit for this?

I didn't start the lawsuit.

I didn't write the article on Slashdot.

I didn't come across the article myself.

Someone linked it on HowardForums.

No one there knows any particulars about it, so I cut 'n paste it here.
    Soylent Green Is People

Quote Originally Posted by Chillin_
    Found this:

Anyone have any more info? I have an old M100 that I would love to get replaced by a lifedrive for free.
    You'd probably get a Zire21! Ugh.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Schwartz
    You'd probably get a Zire21! Ugh.
    Ya, I'm sure you are right.

But, hey it's free.
    Soylent Green Is People

You know I'm saying Chill...you are proposing to scam based on the news you read.

To each their own, but unless you are actually affected, to do it is wrong.
  7.    #7  
    I am not theivin or scammin. Because of a problem that Palm admits they have made they agreed to replace everyones M100, M105 & M125s for free.

If I take them up on their offer I am not scamming or theivin.

I took the free 128MB SD that they offered me (as did almost everyone here), was that scammin? or was it theivin?

If you buy a car and then Honda says "There is a problem with some of the Air Conditioners in that model, bring it back to the dealership and we will install a newer better one for free". Would you do it? Would you be scammin & theivin if you did do it?
    Soylent Green Is People

I don't understand how it is a scam? if he bought the pda and now the company is replacing that model, where is the scam?
    visor deluxe->clie n760->treo 300->treo 600->treo 650 -> treo 700p -> treo 755p
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by mrgarza
    I don't understand how it is a scam? if he bought the pda and now the company is replacing that model, where is the scam?
    Exactly.

Thank you.
    Soylent Green Is People

I'm on your side too, Chillin. I have no idea where this guy is coming from. He is not making any sense.
    Global Posts
    939 Global Posts
    agreed
    I gotta have more cowbell
    They should Replace the Zire 71 too! I have one, just for a laugh and it doesn't work. I've had for about a year & a half so its passed its warranty. Damm Palm....
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    if palm offers to replace all pdas for free then you are right to ask for a free replacement. if palm would have said that only dysfunctional pdas are to be replaced then thatís a different issue.
    Where is the paper work link?

I think I can find a m100.
    Found this:

the documentation can be found here...

http://www.taylorsettlement.com/
    Exactly.

Thank you.

Before everyone pats themsleves on the back...

Chillin's own words : "I have an old M100 that I would love to get replaced by a lifedrive for free."

Expecting a $500 device for a $30 device is a bit rediculous. Promoting it is scammish. This type of behavior hurts everyone.

Again, literacy is dead, it seems.

Now, if you are just joking, that's cool; except you picked up the thread like you really want to do this...

Reading the actual settlement, you will get the same device, or a "higher" value one, which would be the lowest Palm made, The Zire 21.
    However, that may be enough for someone to file.
    i am sure palm is not replacing expensive units with cheaper ones.
    I would expect their bottom-line device, but hey...they'll make great christmas presents...my kids' will love them.
  19.    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by mikec
    Before everyone pats themsleves on the back...

Chillin's own words : "I have an old M100 that I would love to get replaced by a lifedrive for free."

Expecting a $500 device for a $30 device is a bit rediculous. Promoting it is scammish. This type of behavior hurts everyone.

Again, literacy is dead, it seems.

Now, if you are just joking, that's cool; except you picked up the thread like you really want to do this...

Reading the actual settlement, you will get the same device, or a "higher" value one, which would be the lowest Palm made, The Zire 21.
    However, that may be enough for someone to file.
    Of course I was joking with the lifedrive comment. Come on seriously who in their right mind would expect palm to do that? The smiley ( ) shoulda tipped you off to the joke.

The M100 was very buggy and I stopped using it because of that, now if they are offering me a better one for free I am gonna take them up on it.
    Soylent Green Is People

Of course I was joking with the lifedrive comment. Come on seriously who in their right mind would expect palm to do that? The smiley ( ) shoulda tipped you off to the joke.

The M100 was very buggy and I stopped using it because of that, now if they are offering me a better one for free I am gonna take them up on it.
    Cool.

Let us know if they hook you up with somehting better than a Z21 (Which I would agree is better than the M100 by far.)
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast