1.    #1  
    I just purchased a treo 650. i signed up for the pay as you go data package, i really want to use it as a phone and pda. is there anything i need to do to or disable. or as long as i dont click on the "Web" icon, i wont incur any charges....

thanks for your help.....
    stephen
    What kind of email program are you using (if any)?
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

3.    #3  
    i dont think i am using any email program. i didnt sign up for anything. and i am not planning on checking email on my treo
    Another thing you might do is make sure that you don't have anything saved under Preferences-->Network. I think, at least on Sprint phones, that you must have a username/password saved for it to connect on your data plan.

Maybe someone else can verify that.
    Just assign the web icon to another category. You wont see it on the screen and you wont accidentally click it.
  6.    #6  
    basically though, as long as i dont hit the web icon, i am ok???
    Basically you should be ok. Thats why I asked about the email setup...you dont want anything to turn on your connection to do something.
    If you want to totally hide that icon get Obfuscate its free and works great to hide ROM apps like welcome, web, security ect. Its half way down the page. I love it.