1.    #1  
    I've been searching for an easy way to quickly enter my call-back number when paging someone... anybody have a straight-forward solution for this?
    TIA,
    HappyHal
    Global Posts
    214 Global Posts
    Um... Dialing it with the keypad or on the screen isn't quick? What more are you looking for?
  3.    #3  
    Well, that's what I have been doing so far, but there are many circumstances where punching in the (same!) number may be less than desirable. I'm looking for the same type of functionality that I had with my old Sanyo 8100, where I store a hard pause then my call-back number after the individual's pager number. Then every time I need to page that person, I would just hit 'talk' again when the prompt tells me to, and my call-back number is automatically sent...
  4. hsk
    Global Posts
    284 Global Posts
    I think you can do it in "favourites" if it's always the same pager number. I did it for a calling card that I use when I'm out of town, 1-800 etc, comma, comma, number answers to the usual prompts, comma, comma, my pin number and it worked just fine.

What's a hard pause? I only know about the comma (I think about a 2 second pause, that's why I use more than one comma).
    Quote Originally Posted by hsk
    I think you can do it in "favourites" if it's always the same pager number. I did it for a calling card that I use when I'm out of town, 1-800 etc, comma, comma, number answers to the usual prompts, comma, comma, my pin number and it worked just fine.

What's a hard pause? I only know about the comma (I think about a 2 second pause, that's why I use more than one comma).
    It can definitely be done in Favorites. You can also switch the order of the favorites too...
    I'm not weird... I'm gifted!!!
    Where the phone actually waits for input from the user before sending the next set of digits. On the Treo, when setting up on of the Favorites, if you click on the More button you can add extra digits, if you do not select Dial Extra Digits Automatically, there will be a button on the Treo screen titled extra digits that will send the next digits.

Useful if you need to wait for the phone to answer after a variable set of rings. Most regular phones could actually set several hard pauses compared to the Treo's only initial hard pause.
  7.    #7  
    Thanks for the pointer to the 'favorites' solution, works pretty well. This will work for the key pagers that I have to call frequently. Perhaps in a next gen of the phone software there will be a place where a series of digits can be stored to 'playback DTMF tones' that can be triggered with a single keypress or vocal command.