1.    #1  
    Hi, All:

Sorry, I did search (wish the forums had filtering searches on phrases, etc.). Anyway, here goes:

1. I need an SD card - 512MB - what's the best one to get? Checking on eBay many don't list the speeds.

2. I've crashed the HotSync about 50 times (I'm anal, I'll be synching every day!). It's hanging and I believe the hang is on the puter side. XP Pro, turned firewall and vscan off as well as Windows Updates. Seems to be hanging around the Versamail syncing of my mailboxes most of the time.

3. Anyone know where I can find some of the ORIGINAL styli? I want silver ones with silver tips just like the one that came with the Treo. I love the look of them and care not to have a pen with my stylus (too fearful about leaking).

4. Screen protector. Anyone notice the anti-glare ones cause the stylus to SLIDE across the screen more? Drives me nuts. Me thinks I might order the shiny ones from Palm. I'll use the stylus a LOT.

That's it for today. Danke in advance!

Pamela
  2.    #2  
    BTW - I do have a Transcend 80X for my camera. Good one?
    1. Sandisk Ultra IIs or Extreme IIIs

2. Unknown -- did it always crash? (i.e. even from day one when you didn't have a bunch of programs on the Treo). What does the log say?

3. I'd like the answer to this myself... I prefer the weight of the OEM stylus.

4. The ones from the TC store are the boxwave anti-glare that have a slight texture to them. Feels almost like paper - not slippery.

4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Joebar
    1. Sandisk Ultra IIs or Extreme IIIs

2. Unknown -- did it always crash? (i.e. even from day one when you didn't have a bunch of programs on the Treo). What does the log say?

3. I'd like the answer to this myself... I prefer the weight of the OEM stylus.

4. The ones from the TC store are the boxwave anti-glare that have a slight texture to them. Feels almost like paper - not slippery.
    1. Thanks!

2. Only once on the first day. I've only installed three programs - VoiceSignal, VersaMail and a trial for games (from TreoCentral.com - rated high). Unless you count the keyboard driver.

3. If I find out before it's posted here, I'll let you know.

4. Yeah, that's what I got. The surface is smooth and the stylus "slides" across. I used the one that came with the unit day one first and I liked it, but went for anti-glare. I just don't care for the "feel".

Pamela
    Versamail may be the culprit.....has been for many others to the point many have purchased a 3rd party e-mail application to replace it. I personally chose snappermail as it fits my needs.
    Go to your HotSync buttom, choose custom, change Versamail to, Do Nothing. Try to do a HotSync again, see if that works, if it does, well its Versamail. It gives out after a good run. It should just be named VersaCrap! See no one got shot......
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
  7.    #7  
    Thanks. Thing is I don't even need to synch the email - I am using the Treo to check for any urgent messages, but I don't need synching back to my actual mail folders, so I'll give this a shot - thanks so much.