View Poll Results: Have you read your owners manual?

Voters
130. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes. I've read it completely.

61 46.92%
  • No. I've never opened the cover.

19 14.62%
  • I've read parts of it for information that pertained to me.

50 38.46%
  • It's too technical. I can't understand it.

0 0%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Just wondering how many users have actually read the owners manual. If not, I'm curious as to why you haven't.

Online guide available at:
    http://www.palmone.com/us/support/ha...0sprint_UG.pdf
    Last edited by TheLiveSoundGuy; 06/02/2005 at 09:16 PM.

Thread Crapper
    ~ August 16,2005 Poll-Master ~
    August 17, 2005 Century Club Member ~ August 29, 2005

I have a fondness for intelligence.
    I often black out when doing something really stupid. I supose that's why I'm such a danger to my self

I downloaded and read the manual before I ever got the 650!
    MarkEagle
    .....<a href="http://discussion.treocentral.com/tcforum/index.php?s=">TreoCentral</a> | <a href="http://discussion.visorcentral.com/vcforum/index.php?s=">VisorCentral</a> Forum Moderator - Forum Guidelines
    .....Sprint PCS Treo 650
    .....God bless America, my home sweet home...
    same here..I know...dorkissimo
    Hell, I'm on Sprint but have even downloaded the Cingular manual! Uber Dorkissimo!
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    I've read it for a few specific things that I need (before posting to the boards and looking like a tool, for instance), but for the most part, I fly by the seat of my pants.
    I have not actually read the manuel but i do use it as a reference tool if there is something that i can't figure out instead of just making threads and getting blown out by dutch and insertion.. .. j/k .. or am I .lol..
    The only time I ever made a mistake was when i thought I did and was mistaken.
    I've had my 650 for 9 whole days; may have glanced at the manual once. Came here for anything that I needed to know.
    ~ ScandaLous ~
    I have looked in the manual to look up 1 or 2 specific things. I also have never read any of the suggested threads or any other stickys. But I am not a power user, I dont do anything with email or the internet, I don't know what DUN is, or WiFi, and I have no need for bluetooth. My Treo is only for the phone and dictionaries, spell checker, encyclopedia, atlas, check book, documents, stuff like that.
    I have read the entire manual... And the manuals for Word, Excel and FileMaker Pro... AND I always read the manuals Ikea furniture (and count the screws) before I assemble them...

/M http://discussion.treocentral.com/im...lies/smile.gif

P.S. When I read the FileMaker Pro manual in bed my husband threatened me with divorce
    I've just paroosed the manual for the parts concerning my needs...
    I'm not weird... I'm gifted!!!
    Yes, front to back, I even have it on PDF file for my Adobe Palm App. in case I need it, while I travel.
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    Global Posts
    1,936 Global Posts
    Haven't even opened it. I don't need to, I've learned everything I need to know from reading this forum daily. If I have a question I do a search. That usually answers my question since every question has been asked and answered multiple times here on TC.
    Palm VII-Palm Vx-Palm M125-Clie T615-Sony NZ90-Sony NX80-Toshiba E800-Sony NZ90 (again)-Treo 600-HP 6315-Treo 650-Moto MPX220-SX66-Treo 650 (again)-QTek 9100-HP6515-Cingular 8125-Moto Q (10 days)-Cingular 8125 (again)-Nokia 9300-Cingular 2125 & Nokia E62-ETen M600+-Cingular 3125-Treo 750 & Samsung Blackjack-Cingular 8525-iPhone-Moto Q9-at&t Tilt-iPhone3G-Nokia E71-HTC Diamond-Blackberry Bold-at&t Fuze-SE Xperia X1a-Treo Pro.

Be very, very quiet. I'm gonna catch me a rhinoceros.
    Have read it completely and I'm sure retained a good 15% of it maybe.
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkEagle
    me too.

it was one of the first sources of info.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Yep - many times over. Only had this baby a week. I actually am one of the few who reads manuals before opening the rest of the box.
    "I downloaded and read the manual before I ever got the 650!"

I just got my 600 a few weeks ago, while I was waiting for it to arrive not only did I downloaded and read the manual but I also hit all the major Treo sites and even downloaded software to try out.

Uber Dorkissima!
    I also downloaded it before I had the device, but it was so long before I think i may need a refresher course. I keep coming across stuff I didnt know, maybe the manual will enlighten me!
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    CASIO SF-7900 > Palm III > PalmVX > Palm m505 > Palm Tungsten C > Treo 650
    SD cards. 8Mb - 64Mb - 128Mb - 256Mb and 1Gb
    www.simnet.is/lappari
    Quote Originally Posted by WiggyFife
    I've just paroosed the manual for the parts concerning my needs...
    Ditto.
    Manual? Isn't that some spanish guy?
    Unlocked GSM Palm 650.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast