View Poll Results: Have you read your owners manual?

Voters
130. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes. I've read it completely.

61 46.92%
  • No. I've never opened the cover.

19 14.62%
  • I've read parts of it for information that pertained to me.

50 38.46%
  • It's too technical. I can't understand it.

0 0%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by busyba
    Manual? Isn't that some spanish guy?
    Yep, Manual Labor...President of Mexico...
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Wouldn't that be like asking for "driving directions"?
    Is there an Audio Manual ?
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    Yep, Manual Labor...President of Mexico...
    Yes, but even Manual read it Juan time.
    Quote Originally Posted by dlbrummels
    Is there an Audio Manual ?
    or an eBook manual that we could read on our T650's!!!
    I'm not weird... I'm gifted!!!
  6.    #26  
    Your carrier's support section may have an on-line pdf. I know sprint does.

Thread Crapper
    ~ August 16,2005 Poll-Master ~
    August 17, 2005 Century Club Member ~ August 29, 2005

I have a fondness for intelligence.
    I often black out when doing something really stupid. I supose that's why I'm such a danger to my self

Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    I always browse/flip through the manual whenever I get a new mobile device. What else can you do while waiting for your new gadget to charge up?
    <A HREF="http://www.treotoday.net">Treo Today<A> - news, tips, tricks and more
    Manual made a good beer coaster while I was waiting for it to charge the first time. Haven't opened it.
    Yup - read it! KNOWLEDGE IS POWER!
    -jeff
    -jeff

...the Truth will set you free!
    OK, you guilted me into unwrapping and reading the manual.

Taking the wrapping off...they included a screen protector...nice (don't worry I had lots hanging around the house and that was the first thing my Treo got). A self portrait mirror on the back of the Treo for my camera...was wondering what that thing was!

In all seriousness, I had not read the manual as I use it basically as a PDA (which I already know how to use) and as a phone (and yep I have mastered that too).

That said, I am honestly reading it now and learning stuff...thanks
    No more rhymes...and this time I mean it!
  11.    #31  
    Quote Originally Posted by San Antone RR
    Manual made a good beer coaster while I was waiting for it to charge the first time. Haven't opened it.
    According to your history, you have not started any threads asking goober like questions, so you're excused.

Thread Crapper
    ~ August 16,2005 Poll-Master ~
    August 17, 2005 Century Club Member ~ August 29, 2005

I have a fondness for intelligence.
    I often black out when doing something really stupid. I supose that's why I'm such a danger to my self

Quote Originally Posted by MarkEagle
    I downloaded and read the manual before I ever got the 650!
    you and me too
    I have only looked through a few pages related to the phone features I needed to learn about, but haven't read the entire manual.

I really haven't had any questions I've had to ask people regarding how to use the Treo 650 so far. Most of the things I have wanted to know about the Treo, I have been able to find just by reading the threads on this board or by using the search feature, instead of asking the same questions 15 other people have already asked in the last week.

I also figure a lot out on my own just by trying things and seeing what happens. I like to take things apart to figure out how they work. I took my HP laptop apart within an hour of getting it home to get to the memory that was "sealed" under the keyboard which the customer service person told me wasn't accessible.

I suppose I really should read the manual though.
    Quote Originally Posted by San Antone RR

and you're an expert user of the Search function I bet
    Quickly flicked through bits of the (paired down palm) manual from Orange Uk that came with the palm.
    Then installed the treo650 pdf manual from the palmone site onto the sd card.....haven't ever looked at it though
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12