Results 1 to 15 of 15
  1.    #1  
    Can anyone suggest a way to improve the picture quality? Backlighting seems to be a really big problem. Are there third-party programs that might help? I bought this so I wouldn't need my aging digital camera, but it's no substitute.
    Thanks
  2. #2  
    at .3 megapixel what exactly did you expect if I may ask? Let me say that again... POINT THREE!!

    I
  3. #3  
    Your Treo takes better pictures than your aging camera makes phone calls...but just barely.

    I seriously hope you didn't buy a PHONE to replace a camera. You should've bought a 5MP camera and gotten a freebie phone. You would have been much better off.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

    Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  4. #4  
    i agree, its a phone/pda first, the camera is jus a nice extra feature. of course all camera phones will have 3-5 megapixel cameras eventually. its jus not the case right now, dont buy a phone for the camera.
    Nexus One
    HTC Inspire "4G"
    HP Veer "4G"
  5. #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by anitamurray
    Can anyone suggest a way to improve the picture quality? Backlighting seems to be a really big problem. Are there third-party programs that might help? I bought this so I wouldn't need my aging digital camera, but it's no substitute.
    Thanks
    Actually you can use the camera feature in Splash Photo. Better resolution then the built in camera application.
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Hizd4Life
    Actually you can use the camera feature in Splash Photo. Better resolution then the built in camera application.
    Hizd4Life are you saying theres a feature in splash photo that improves the quality of the t650 camera or are you saying it just displays a picture nicer than the stock picture application?
  7. #7  
    jpr...you can take higher res photos through the camera app when accessed through the menu of splash photo.
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchtrumpet
    jpr...you can take higher res photos through the camera app when accessed through the menu of splash photo.
    Thanks for the answer Dutch.. JPR for an example I took a pix using the standard cam app and it took at 61K pix and using the cam function w/Splash Photo it took the same pix w/228K.
  9. #9  
    I have tested it out accouple 7 times with paired shots of the stock app and the splashphoto app with different shots from different distances and I get the same quality of pictures with the same resolution every time, the only difference I can see is that the splashphoto application saves the picture as a bigger file size. I have the splashphoto camera set to the larger resolution and the highest picture quality. It makes sense that if a picture is a larger file then the picture itself has more data but that dosent seem to translate to a higher quality picture. Even zooming in on each picture at the same level still shows no difference in quality. Am I missing something or are people blowing 30 bucks on a junk picture viewer (since pictureplus is a better photo viewer) and not gaining camera quality also loosing memory space with larger file sizes for no reason?

    Tell me how I'm wrong and I'll be happier than if you tell me I'm right because I would love to improve the camera quality.
  10. #10  
    Would the quality difference come in when you were to enlarge the pictures? (5X7?)

    Although I am with James -- how will software improve hardware resolution? And if this were the case wouldn't Splash Photo highlight that advantage in their product descriptions?
  11. #11  
    If enlarging the picture is the exact same as zooming in on the picture then no I saw no change in quality. I zoomed on each pair at the same levels and could not find any difference in quality.
  12. #12  
    I have sent pix with the Splash Photo app and the pix app as attatchments and have noticed that the Splash Photo app looks alot better and larger.
  13. #13  
    Maybey you had the stock Treo camera set to 320 x 240 and the splashphoto set to 640 x 480. Could you take 2 pictures of the exact same shot, 1 with the stock app and 1 with splashphoto and upload them to your post? No rush. And if dont feel like it I understand.
  14. #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by jamespaulritter
    Maybey you had the stock Treo camera set to 320 x 240 and the splashphoto set to 640 x 480. Could you take 2 pictures of the exact same shot, 1 with the stock app and 1 with splashphoto and upload them to your post? No rush. And if dont feel like it I understand.
    Sure no problem but unfortunately I am at work and I use my home PC to synch. Both apps are set to the highest resolution.
  15. #15  
    Thanks, No rush

    EDIT: just looked up the details on the pics, both are:
    dpi = 2
    Bit depth = 24 (16.7 million colors)
    color space = RGB
    Last edited by jamespaulritter; 05/31/2005 at 12:26 PM.

Posting Permissions