1.    #1  
    I just got my 650. On my old palm (Sony TPEG 615) there was a topic under general preferences called "shortcut keys". I could type a macro of a form and assign a short cut key to it. Then when I was in my 'to do list' or 'memo' list I could hit the short cut key and get the entire form to come up....saved me hours of writing. I can't find this feature on the new Treo. Is there any way to do this??
    You need ShortCut5; it's one of my most used apps on the T650.
  3.    #3  
    Thanks for the reply. I have typed 'macro' and 'shortcuts' on every support site I could find icluding Palmone with no response. Yours is the first glimmer of hope I've had. On their site they suggest that you may need different software for 'Tasks'. Do your macros work if you are in the 'Tasks' category?
    Quote Originally Posted by lukesewall
    Thanks for the reply. I have typed 'macro' and 'shortcuts' on every support site I could find icluding Palmone with no response. Yours is the first glimmer of hope I've had. On their site they suggest that you may need different software for 'Tasks'. Do your macros work if you are in the 'Tasks' category?
    I'm not sure I know to what suggestion you refer. I haven't used its advanced Macros capability that much, but its text shortcut function works fine in any editable field, Tasks included. Anyway, don't take it from me...try it yourself - it's free.
  5.    #5  
    I finally got some time and took the plunge. I'm new enough that it scares me a little to download apps off of the net. This one is awesome. It does exactly what I wanted. It also has some built in macros that are making my life even easier. thanks for the tip.