Results 1 to 15 of 15
  1.    #1  
    Does anyone know of Freeware that allows SMS text messaging from a Windows Laptop/Desktop? I'd my like wife to be able to send messages. I've found a few dead links, that's all.

    Also, after reloading WINDOWS XP on my desktop, I can't find my disks for Photoshop to reduce my Avatar to the proper size, so it's in my signature. Can somebody shrink it for me (or better, send me the newest Photoshop )
  2. #2  
    If you are on Sprint, you can log into their website at www.sprintpcs.com and type in the text messages from there.
  3. #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Joey's Poppa
    Also, after reloading WINDOWS XP on my desktop, I can't find my disks for Photoshop to reduce my Avatar to the proper size, so it's in my signature. Can somebody shrink it for me (or better, send me the newest Photoshop )
    .
    Attached Images Attached Images
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

    Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  4. #4  
    Busy, busy MonkeyMan...

    What did I tell you about multi-tasking? Ignoring you now...
  5. #5  
    Despite the popular misconception around here, I do help people from time to time...

    And if anyone knows how helpful I can be, it would be you! Shall I elaborate on messy tales??
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

    Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  6. #6  
    Would you be adding audio?
  7. #7  
    No, I think you contributed plenty of audio...
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

    Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  8. #8  
    Whatever it takes to appease the Monkey...
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by Joey's Poppa
    Does anyone know of Freeware that allows SMS text messaging from a Windows Laptop/Desktop? I'd my like wife to be able to send messages. I've found a few dead links, that's all.

    Also, after reloading WINDOWS XP on my desktop, I can't find my disks for Photoshop to reduce my Avatar to the proper size, so it's in my signature. Can somebody shrink it for me (or better, send me the newest Photoshop )
    I'm not aware of any XP Desktop applications for direct send/receipt of SMS, though I'm sure it exists out there somewhere.

    But, you can send SMS directly from PC by using a web browser and Yahoo Mobile! SMS to any mobile number.

    Or, you probably know, your mobile number has an email address also. So you can use any email client. Here is a great resource for text-via-email for mobile providers Mobile Email Addresses. The PC side can/will receive/send text from an email address, while the mobile side will receive/send via built-in SMS fuction.
  10.    #10  
    Albert - Thanks, The SPRINT Site worked perfect.
    Insertion - Thanks for the Avatar
    Gun Collector - Thank you too. Is there a possibility that they would SPAM my phone using a website based SMS System? I.e. Grab the telephone numbers and put them in a data base for sending sales messages. (I get enough already on my regular email, don't want it on my treo) Also, I prefer SMS over email due to the fact that it will ring me, as opposed to email that i'd need to download regularly or monitor. BTW, We probably have a common hobby i.e. Weatherby, Sauer. Here also is my Ham Radio webpage http://www.hamcontact.com/callsign.html (What a Geek, huh?)
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by Joey's Poppa
    Insertion - Thanks for the Avatar
    You're welcome. Cute kid!
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

    Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  12. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by Joey's Poppa
    Albert - Thanks, The SPRINT Site worked perfect.
    Insertion - Thanks for the Avatar
    Gun Collector - Thank you too. Is there a possibility that they would SPAM my phone using a website based SMS System? I.e. Grab the telephone numbers and put them in a data base for sending sales messages. (I get enough already on my regular email, don't want it on my treo) Also, I prefer SMS over email due to the fact that it will ring me, as opposed to email that i'd need to download regularly or monitor. BTW, We probably have a common hobby i.e. Weatherby, Sauer. Here also is my Ham Radio webpage http://www.hamcontact.com/callsign.html (What a Geek, huh?)
    JP,

    If they wanted to SPAM your phone, they wouldn't even need to comb the net for addresses--just look up the wireless carriers number-lots and start spamming away. So far that hasn't happened, and hopefully won't. I think there simply would be too big an outcry, as some archaic wireless contracts still charge for incoming test messages. Can you say Class Action (there are probably attorney just "waiting" for SMS-spam to start for this reason)?

    Perhaps I wasn't clear. PC-to-mobile texting arrives as a regular SMS on your cellphone--exactly what you want. And, you reply via SMS, which is converted to email and received on the PC's email client (Outlook, Eudora, Thunderbird, whatever). Best of both worlds, except message are limited to first 160 characters (including subject field, I think).

    HTH!

    73 DE KG6AHU
  13. #13  
    No problem!
    And spamming is very easy, a script could be generated to send it out to all numbers at a carriers emails address. The incorrect ones would bounce to nowhere, the correct ones would arrive. Could be done from anywhere, but the server would be traced.
  14. puyi's Avatar
    Posts
    296 Posts
    Global Posts
    297 Global Posts
    #14  
    You used to have to register your number to do this, just e-mail 10 digit number with their domain ##########@teleflip.com

    I've used this over a year without unwanted spam.
  15.    #15  
    Hey GunCollector, Looks like in addition to Sauers, & Ham Radio, we like Jeeps. http://www.hamcontact.com/jeep/ I actually new another guy with a 1946 CJ2A that also had HF and such.

    73 de N6YYO <><

Posting Permissions