Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    - Faster processor by at least 100 more Mhz
    - 128MB RAM
    - Microsoft Windows Mobile 5
    - BT 1.1
    - WiFi
    - 1MP camera

Oh man, I hope I'm wrong.
    So do I! First, it needs 1.2 BT. Second, NO WINDOWS should ever appear on a PALM!
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Global Posts
    212 Global Posts
    I agree! no windows! This was a huge selling point for me as a mac user. A pda that works with my computer right out of the box. I also want a rocker wheel, stronger ir, louder speaker phone, of course more built in memory, faster processor, built in support for itunes, an included holster case (like blackberries have) that protects the screen and is easy to pull treo out of, voice dialing, sliding cover for camera (opening automatically activates camera). That's about it. Oh, and it should look really, really cool.
    Palm IIIe -> Visor Deluxe -> Palm 505 -> Clie tj37 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700P
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Treo
    So do I! First, it needs 1.2 BT. Second, NO WINDOWS should ever appear on a PALM!
    AMEN!!!! Shout it from the rooftops!!!
    Palm III -> Palm Vx -> Clie T615c -> Clie T665c -> Tungsten T|3 -> Treo 650 -> Trew 700W (for a few days) -> XV6700 -> Moto Q
    http://geckotek.blogspot.com
    I'm beta testing the new 700 as we speak. But I'm NDA'd so I can't talk about it...
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Ugggh.
    I just read that Ed Colligan said, "that changes would be inevitable and that Palm should be primarily associated with the hardware and not the software".

This is a direct quote from an interview.
    just got my 650 and you are talking 7xx already?
    Disgusting, isn't it!!

Of course some Sprint users are into their 6 month of Treo 650 use. A new breed of dinosaurs could rise, thrive and perish in that time frame!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    I'm beta testing the new 700 as we speak. But I'm NDA'd so I can't talk about it...
    Lucky Dog or full of it. And being a fan of your posts, I know which side of that equation I am falling on.

Cheers, Perry.
    Last edited by gtwo; 05/26/2005 at 10:41 AM.
    I can't begin to tell you of all the wonders of this device...

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    I can't begin to tell you of all the wonders of this device...

You are incorrigible !!
    I know my vote.
    Palm III -> Palm Vx -> Clie T615c -> Clie T665c -> Tungsten T|3 -> Treo 650 -> Trew 700W (for a few days) -> XV6700 -> Moto Q
    http://geckotek.blogspot.com
    Global Posts
    939 Global Posts
    I got bridge over the great swamp to sell ya too. beta tested and all.
    I gotta have more cowbell
    if only I could post a picture of the 700...

Is it possible that the T700 will be a major upgrade (similar to the shift from T300 to T600) or will it be yet another minor rev (as from T600 to T650)?

Upgrading from the miserly 28MB to 64MB RAM or from BT1.1 to BT1.2 are minor upgrades IMO.

WiFi, 4GB microdrive, faster browser, optical zoom 1MP (or higher) camera, built-in MP3, voice dialing etc. would be major upgrades.
    Palm m505 -> Treo600 (GSM ATT) -> Treo650 (Cingular) -> BB8700g -> BB Pearl
    "The point of living and of being an optimist, is to be foolish enough to believe the best is yet to come."
    Global Posts
    939 Global Posts
    wonder why the lifedrive is so thick? is it the microdrive? if so, I'd highly doubt they would implement the 4 - gig microdrive into a treo - it would kill one of the top selling points - FORM FACTOR.
    I'm guessing 64 - maybe 128 mb ram. wifi, doubt it. but we'll see. I think the keyboard will be enhanced - that pic of the 670 is probably the next best bet for what it will look like.
    I gotta have more cowbell
    Quote Originally Posted by chillig35
    Upgrading from the miserly 28MB to 64MB RAM or from BT1.1 to BT1.2 are minor upgrades IMO.
    You have not yet adopted to Palm's philosphy. I'm afraid these would be major upgrades.
    H#LL, they even like downgrading at times, like going from 28 MBs to 22 MBs on the Treo 650.
  19. Pft
    The T6 platform is shortlived. The next T will be on a new HW platform completely (2006). TMobile will not carry the T650 because of the support burden associated with the T6 platform. My predictions.
    Quote Originally Posted by archie
    H#LL, they even like downgrading at times, like going from 28 MBs to 22 MBs on the Treo 650.
    Don't forget the drop in sound quality and volume level from the Treo 600 to the Treo 650.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast