1.    #1  
    Hi there, sorry for this very basic question but I am new to the world of Treo.
    I just bought a 600 (650 too expensive yet) and I haven't received it, but I was wondering do I need a memory card reader for my PC to transfer files or is this somehow possible with hotsyncing? In other words can I transfer files to my memory card via the hotsyncing process (usb cable?).

Thanks in advance and let me know if you have any recommended accessories I should get before it gets here!
    Get a card reader for 10 bucks. It transfers files much faster than if you hotsynced.
    But you don't HAVE to, you can transfer them via hot sync.
    If you just want to move files to your card and don't have a card reader, use Palm File Browser - it's faster than Hotsync. Use Hotsync to sync your PIM apps and back up your Treo to the desktop, not to transfer large files.
    Last edited by Bill Gamble; 05/24/2005 at 04:31 AM.
    I find the card reader method of transfer faster for many songs, but a hotsync does do all the links between your Palm and your desktop for calendar, contacts, memos, notes, and such and creates a backup on your computer.

Don't leave home without that either.