1.    #1  
    get rid of the little orphan program/files that may be causing resets? Or will I get all of those little things back when I HotSync? I don't have an uninstaller or cleanup program, and I don't really want one (I don't like having a desktop companion or installation thing-) but I think I have some "floaters" on my Treo that need to be cleaned up. I was wondering if a hard reset would take care of this... thanks to all of you that know more about this stuff than I do. lol...

Bek
    Quote Originally Posted by Bekktek
    get rid of the little orphan program/files that may be causing resets? Or will I get all of those little things back when I HotSync? I don't have an uninstaller or cleanup program, and I don't really want one (I don't like having a desktop companion or installation thing-) but I think I have some "floaters" on my Treo that need to be cleaned up. I was wondering if a hard reset would take care of this... thanks to all of you that know more about this stuff than I do. lol...

Bek
    Hard reset will eliminate them but you'll probably get them back in hot-sync.

Mind me asking why you don't want an uninstaller - has been wonderful for me, particularly when trying new programs...

Might try hard reset, create new user name so you don't bring old programs back in and then either reinstall the programs you want or install an uninstall program and then re-sync t old username then delete programs you don't want and then delete the uninstaller too.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by treo2die4
    Hard reset will eliminate them but you'll probably get them back in hot-sync.

Mind me asking why you don't want an uninstaller - has been wonderful for me, particularly when trying new programs...

Might try hard reset, create new user name so you don't bring old programs back in and then either reinstall the programs you want or install an uninstall program and then re-sync t old username then delete programs you don't want and then delete the uninstaller too.
    Which uninstaller do you use? And if I leave the Treo as is right now, and install an uninstaller, can I still get rid of those little orphans even if I have long ago deleted apps? I have heard people using an uninstaller and deleting very important things... it scares me... I know about changing the user name and synching, but I was hoping to avoid all that and just clean up the unit without having to reinstall everything. *sigh.. I don't know enough about files and things to know what I can/can't delete and I don't want the hassle of screwing it all up, but I know I've had a lot of resets lately, and I'm sure it's time to clean up!

Wanna walk me through an uninstaller? lol..

Bek
    Quote Originally Posted by Bekktek
    Which uninstaller do you use? And if I leave the Treo as is right now, and install an uninstaller, can I still get rid of those little orphans even if I have long ago deleted apps? I have heard people using an uninstaller and deleting very important things... it scares me... I know about changing the user name and synching, but I was hoping to avoid all that and just clean up the unit without having to reinstall everything. *sigh.. I don't know enough about files and things to know what I can/can't delete and I don't want the hassle of screwing it all up, but I know I've had a lot of resets lately, and I'm sure it's time to clean up!

Wanna walk me through an uninstaller? lol..

Bek
    I use cleanuninstaller. Haven't tried others but what I like about it is gives me a list of all files associated with a given program - so I can't delete files that don't belong to it

You can do a trial version - load it up and see what it shows you - I don't know if it will be able to identify the orphans or not.....

http://www.hiratte.com/cuninstall.html
    i use uninstall manager and it works well. cleanup will delete orphan files already on the device but it is a little tricky. i suggest doing the hard reset then making sure an uninstall program is your first app because that way it will moniter everything installed after it.
    The only time I ever made a mistake was when i thought I did and was mistaken.