1.    #1  
    http://today.reuters.com/news/newsAr...MSOURCE-DC.XML

NEW YORK (Reuters) - PalmSource Inc.(PSRC.O: Quote, Profile, Research), which develops operating system software for handheld computers and phones, on Monday said David Nagel has stepped down as president, chief executive officer and director.

The company, in a statement, gave no reason for Nagel's departure, which was effective on Sunday. PalmSource officials could not be reached immediately for further comment.

--
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    You know... he tarnished a perfectly thriving company about 10 years ago with the same issue facing PalmSource right now. Nagel was the Chief Technologist at Apple Computer that headed the Copeland development which fell flat on its face and put Apple into 3 years of dark times. This new Palm OS disaster he created at PalmSource won't recover as Apple did.
    Geez, great timing. The PalmSource developers conference is this week.
    Yeah. When you've got people publicly saying that PalmOS is difficult to develop for:

Jeffrey Citron (chairman and CEO of Vonage) :
    Q: You already have a softphone for Windows Mobile, where’s the softphone for the Palm OS?
    A: If the Palm OS were a little easier to work with it might be here already.
    http://www.engadget.com/entry/1234000040044246/

it is clear that what many have been saying about PalmOS is absolutely true.
    Considering there are a gozillion Palm app and I can set my Treo to behavie exactly the way I want, I doubt Palm app is that hard to write. Oh the other hand, I can believe PalmSource is shi*ty. Palm HK decided to use CJKOS instead of the PalmSource's Chinese version because it can't handle simplified and traditional Chinese at the same time. That's ridiculous.
    Quote Originally Posted by gregorypierce
    Yeah. When you've got people publicly saying that PalmOS is difficult to develop for:

Jeffrey Citron (chairman and CEO of Vonage) :
    Q: You already have a softphone for Windows Mobile, where’s the softphone for the Palm OS?
    A: If the Palm OS were a little easier to work with it might be here already.
    http://www.engadget.com/entry/1234000040044246/

it is clear that what many have been saying about PalmOS is absolutely true.
    PalmOS isn't hard to develop for per se; it's just very different to develop for than Windows.
    Who was it that resigned a few monthes back?
    1 | 2
    Can someone please tell me what a softphone is? Is it phone software? Thanks!
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Quote Originally Posted by oscarc
    PalmOS isn't hard to develop for per se; it's just very different to develop for than Windows.
    And Symbian OS, Java, .Net Mobile, and Brew.... I think that is a huge part of their problem. .Net Mobile, Brew and Java make up the platform SDKs that most developers are using now. Of the 3, only Java J2ME runs on PalmOS and it is actually an incomplete and pretty poor implementation. So while it may not be 'hard' to develop for, its a lot harder to develop for than the major platform APIs and Palm will find that to be a growing problem over time.

Fewer and fewer major developers are going to develop for particular platform APIs. They may extend the platform SDKs and addon for the particular platform, but PalmSource expecting people to jump through a lot of hoops just to support PalmOS - well those days are going away.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Treo
    Can someone please tell me what a softphone is? Is it phone software? Thanks!

Think VOIP on a cellular phone using either the dataservice or the native WiFi. Unfortunately we don't have native WiFi on the treo either so that too poses them a major problem.
    I like Skype. But if they don't want to make a Palm client, somebody else will. Vontage says they are making one.
    it's good because the guy was a moron.

He sucked the cash and fame why company went down the crapper. Ex-Apple wanna-be says it all.

He lost a major licensee, Sony, failed to pick up anyone, and release an OS (6.0) that never was implemented on a commercial device.

Pathetic.