1.    #1  
    I got a handspring treo 180g from my brother. It was presented to him. My problem is that i cannot find out which mobile it is. From the pictures on the net, I have come toa conclusion that it is treo 180g. It looks like other treo's (180 and 270). It doesnot have color screen. It doesnot have KEYPAD. (This is one big difference i found). Please give me ur view.

Palm Os
    Color steel Blue
    WHen it is closed, it looks like other treos.
    16 mb memory

Please give ur views.
    I never used a a Treo before the 650, so I am no help on that, but:

Does your brother have any of the original documentation? Box? Manual? Or what service was used?

Call PalmOne with the serial number on the back? Maybe they could identify?

Good Luck!
    Last edited by gtwo; 05/23/2005 at 07:18 AM.
    Well, wherever the serial number is, it should say the model.
    The only thing that separates the men from the boys...is the lessons they learn.
    www.planetmills.com
    Also...you said it "does not" have a keypad? Correct me if I'm wrong someone, but don't all Treo's have a keypad, even the 90?
    The only thing that separates the men from the boys...is the lessons they learn.
    www.planetmills.com
    Try googling "treo 180"

Here is one hit that might help:

http://www.digit-life.com/articles/handspringtreo180/
    I'm not exactly sure what your question is, but what you have definitely is a 180G. The 'G' stands for Graffiti. This was the only Treo model made without a keyboard for Graffiti purists. I imagine it is relatively rare.
    Newton 120 > PalmPilot Pro > Palm III > Visor Deluxe > Visor Prism > Treo 90 > Treo 600 (Sprint) > Treo 700p (Verizon)
    ----------------------------Nokia 5160------------------> Motorola V8160 ^
    No keypad?
    Yup. No keyboard. Nice catch vflopez!

http://espn.com.com/palmOne_Treo_180...7-7819752.html
    Hi James! What was that a few days ago? Whicktywack search skills?
    Dude!!! I got mad crazy searchin skills

Heres pda nostalgia me and my 1993 Apple Mac message pad
    Last edited by jamespaulritter; 05/23/2005 at 02:02 PM.
    I so loved the Newton! I had a few of them and they were a great piece of work, and ahead of its time. Thank you for the trip down memory lane.
    Newton 100 > Newton 120 > Palm IIIx > LG Phenom Express > Palm 505 > Treo 300 > Tungsten T > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750
    newton? what's that?
    A NEWTON ?? Apple was the first? with a digital PIM (Personal Information Manager, and was it linked to a Mac?), but the large form factor probably kept it from exploding on the scene like the Palm Pilot did when it came out (a couple of years later?) with it's (and it's successor's) more embraced smaller form factor and PC linkage.

Sort of the old marketing refrain re-visited:

instead of location, location, location .. . . . .

form factor, form factor, form factor. . . . . .

(I guess Apple got that right with the iPod.)

Anyone -- please feel free to correct my hazy and off the top of my head history on the Newton.)
    Last edited by gtwo; 05/24/2005 at 07:18 AM.
  14.    #15  
    That is just what I wanted. A confident reply. It has got graffiti. we write with the stylus. But vey sad to hear it is very rare.

It is not at all handy. I have some doubts.

I have fed the numbers into the sim, but when someone calls me it shows the number and not the contact name. So I am not able to know who calls because, it is very tough to remember the names. What should i do?
    How can I copy the numbers fromt the sim to the phone book contact list(Not the speed dial entry) without entering everything once again.
    I need to same the contact name when someone calls me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    A NEWTON ?? Apple was the first? with a digital PIM (Personal Information Manager, and was it linked to a Mac?), but the form factor probably kept it from exploding on the scene like the Palm Pilot did when it came out (a couple of years later?) with it's (and it's successor's) more embraced form factor and PC linkage.
    Ya, the Newton was discontinued a year after it was released. It got a bad rap right off the bat, then palm came out and kicked Apples but like you said a year ot 2 later. I dont know all the details. Heres a shot of the Newton screen.
    that is huge.. I never seen a newton before..
    The only time I ever made a mistake was when i thought I did and was mistaken.
    Quote Originally Posted by nsamuel
    That is just what I wanted. A confident reply. It has got graffiti. we write with the stylus. But vey sad to hear it is very rare.

It is not at all handy. I have some doubts.

I have fed the numbers into the sim, but when someone calls me it shows the number and not the contact name. So I am not able to know who calls because, it is very tough to remember the names. What should i do?
    How can I copy the numbers fromt the sim to the phone book contact list(Not the speed dial entry) without entering everything once again.
    I need to same the contact name when someone calls me.

The 180 was way before my time in the Treo line. (Ask me about a Palm Pilot though. . . .) I would suggest you start fishing thru the Treo 180 Hardware section or repost there for help with bringing that puppy to life.

Good Luck.