Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    I use my PDA mainly for keeping track of appointments, meetings, contacts (not as important) and task lists. For me, the task list serves as motivation to get off my rump and take care of things. Other than a few games thats all I use it for.

Currently I use my phone on a daily basis. I am using Verizon.

Problem is I have to lug around the phone and the ppc and I have grown tired of this. I figure I can get the 600 for $149 then sell my pocket pc for at least that.

Should I make the switch?
    As you can see by my signature line I gave up a Tungsten T3 paired w/ a bluetooth phone for the Treo 650. A Treo will open up a whole new world for you of mobile e-mail and internet, as well as your PDA functions that you mention.

I almost went for the 600 -- but I could not give up my big T3 screen for the Treo 600's 160 by 160 pixels. So I waited for the 650. I love the Treo 650 and will never carry two devices again.

Start with the 600, as a trial, if you must -- but my suspicion is you will soon move to the Treo 650. (Hands down better screen, faster processor, bluetooth for wireless earpieces.)

Of course, the 600 can get you started, while you wait for the "700", which, however, for Verizon could be a year from now.

I carry the Treo 650 in a horizontal belt clip, if I am wearing a belt -- it's with me. (That leaves swimming trunks and sleeping as the only times it is not on my hip.)

I made the choice you are contemplating and I couldn't be happier. Refer to my daughter's picture for my sense of joy about the Treo 650.
    Last edited by gtwo; 05/21/2005 at 10:21 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by jranaudo
    I use my PDA mainly for keeping track of appointments, meetings, contacts (not as important) and task lists. For me, the task list serves as motivation to get off my rump and take care of things. Other than a few games thats all I use it for.

Currently I use my phone on a daily basis. I am using Verizon.

Problem is I have to lug around the phone and the ppc and I have grown tired of this. I figure I can get the 600 for $149 then sell my pocket pc for at least that.

Should I make the switch?
    I did, more or less. I rarely use my Toshiba anymore...it's used for one specific database I keep. Other than that, the Treo goes with me everywhere, and the Toshiba gets left behind.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    I ran an Ipaq for a while and it drove me crazy. It felt like most function required an elaborate work around. The 650 has been a dream for me so far although I have only owned it for a few days. It took three days with the Ipaq before I could kind of use it. As a side note, carrying the Treo is actually more comfortable than any of my other 3 phones. Although it is wider across it is much thinner than my other phones and that makes it much more comfortable in the pocket.
    It also depends on the type of person you are. I carry a phone, a recorder, and my digital camera. I actually considered a separate PDA so I could store that with my Franklin Planner case (that, and I like the standard phone number buttons, esp since hubby is blind and sometimes uses my phone). BUT, I need the email capability 24/7, which is why I'm going for the Treo 650. However, I'm going (I hope) camera less and I'll still carry my brand new Coolpix 7600 around - sometimes pics I take wind up in magazines and I want higher quality, AND I want to take my phone just about anywhere.

Pamela
    Global Posts
    316 Global Posts
    That's what I did. I carried an Ipaq 3970 and my cell phone...........WAAAY TOO GEEKY! Treo 650 and now only look a little geeky
    i think you would love having just one device, but if you dont want to learn about a new device you may want to look at window mobile devices.

btw, i have a 650 and love it.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    I never owned a pda of any kind before yet i have had several phones. Having a tero now solves both problems. I really like my treo 650 and recommend it to all my friends now.
    I am a newbie, myself. Just gave up the Danger Sidekick and Nokia 6600 in exchange for the Treo 600. I am having a ball! Its great to be able to have email capabilities and a keyboard on a phone that actually works! And I am still finding new software to enhance this device! that's sure something you can't do with a Sidekick! I hope you give the Treo a whirl too.
    Global Posts
    212 Global Posts
    I gave up a Clie TJ37 and a Motorolo v710 (verizon) and switched to a Treo 600. I love it. I do miss the high res screen on the Clie and the internet speeds on the wi-fi were faster, but nothing beats being able to hop online anywhere, not just where there is a hotspot.

Even if you came from a PPC, I think you'd be surprised at how quick the learning curve is on a treo. Even though I'm familiar to Palm, I used my Treo straight out of the box and didn't even have to open the user manual until a good 3 days later (to figure out how to use the darn underscore)
    Palm IIIe -> Visor Deluxe -> Palm 505 -> Clie tj37 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700P