Results 1 to 16 of 16
  1.    #1  
    I am a business user of the Treo 600....had been looking forward to the 650. well i got it and liked the screen, and the removable battery, and the keyboard, but TOTALLY not worth the upgrade price. i know everyone says its not thicker, but i say it is; i can tell. i can slide the 600 into my pocket with no problem, but the 650 is uncomfortable for sure. Since no EVDO, surfing text sites makes 0 difference.

    therefore. i will return it, unless someone wants to buy it with extra hi-cap battery, hs850, and car charger. this is a vzw phone, so please know that. i need $630 for it.

    eatnutz
  2. #2  
    Are you going back to the 600 or to something different?
  3. #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by eldiablo
    i know everyone says its not thicker, but i say it is; i can tell.
    Your senses decieve you...
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

    Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  4.    #4  
    I am going back to the 600. it just works well. sure the screens a bit worse, but its more solid, i don;t have to worry about bluetooth not working, and the keyboards familiar. oh, and i OWN it, and don't need to shell out 500 dux.

    post all the specs you want...the treo 650 feels thicker and heavier.
  5. #5  
    500 dux? Surely you'd have to be a QUACK to give that up.

    PS -- In your initial post for this thread, did you mean to sign it "eatnutz" or was it supposed to be "eatznutz"?
    .
  6. #6  
    The exact same hard case fits both 600 and 650 I would say plus 10 thousandths of an inch would probably choke the case. Your fanny shouldn't be able to detect 10 thou. I got verizon 650 two days ago for $319 with tax. If I had to pay over 5 I probably would stick with the 600 too.
    Good luck in any event
  7. #7  
    Don't complain because you can't afford or see yourself shelling out $600. This doesn't make the product any worse, really. It's nothing outlandish.

    The 600's screen alone would make me throw it away. Isn't it passive-matrix LCD? Insanely archaic.

    I can understand your point about it working though. Returned my 650 because it flat out just doesn't work reliably.
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    Surely he's just more sensitive than the rest of us.
    I'm back!
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by jmill72x
    Surely he's just more sensitive than the rest of us.
    Perhaps. I guess some are more in touch with their 600 side...
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

    Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  10. #10  
    I don't blame anyone who is diappointed with the 650. Is how much you like it based on subjectivity? Yes. But still, the bt in it sucks, no increase in memory, connection is different so your old accessories don't work...(all this has bee said before). For some, obviously the hi res screen is worth the price ;-)
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

  11. #11  
    never owned the 600 but i sure love my new 650. kinda clunky and my friends call me geeksy but who cares?
  12. #12  
    Hey, ever think it might not be the Treo that got bigger? If I were you I'd keep the 650 and swear it was something else.
  13. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jazzi
    Hey, ever think it might not be the Treo that got bigger? If I were you I'd keep the 650 and swear it was something else.
    Like his pants got smaller?
    I'm back!
  14. #14  
    Wow...this thread has inspired me to go back to riding my bike everywhere I go. It has less moving parts than my car, costs less to maintain, and fits in smaller spaces. Oh, and I OWN IT!
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by hagakure
    Wow...this thread has inspired me to go back to riding my bike everywhere I go. It has less moving parts than my car, costs less to maintain, and fits in smaller spaces. Oh, and I OWN IT!
    so donkey says the 650 to the 600, is like the CAR to the bike? Now that's accurate. Business users don't need hi-res, because they're not playing tetris, they don't need blow-tooth, because the Treo handles it so poorly. So what's left coach? those neat flat keys? definitely worth it. i wish i never sent it back

    eatnutz
  16. #16  
    If you do much typing on the Treo, the new keyboard is a major plus. And the higher res is useful for a lot more than playing games: Reading text is easier on the eyes, web browsing is better (can see finer details, more on the screen at one time), using DocsToGo lets me see more spreadsheet detail at one time. The 650 screen is a lot more readable in bright (outdoor) light, too. I don't care about bluetooth for headsets or in-car use, but bluetooth DUN can be handy. In any case, I don't have to use BT if I don't want to, so there's no penalty involved.

    For many of us, the 650 is well worth the price.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.

Posting Permissions