1.    #1  
    I'm just converting from a Pocket PC. Hotsyncing my Treo650 takes about 5 minutes.....is this normal?
    That's normal for the first hotsync as a lot of files need to be copied. Thereafter, it shouldn't take long at all, but it depends on what's hotsycning and 5 minutes isn't out of the question- a lot of "documents to go" checks will extend the hotsync, as does avantgo, especially if you have a slow internet connection or haven't updated avantgo in a while.

My old PalmVx would take upwards of 15 minutes to hotsync through the serial connection! FYI, just timed my Treo600-took 1:30 to hotsync, but 50 seconds of that was just to sync 100 messages in Eudora.
    it should take about 5 seconds...oh wait, that's if P1 was using USB 2.0. like the rest of the world has been for several years.

You are in the legacy world of serial com ports, so it takes a while...I have seen it take upwards of 10 minutes in some cases.

I can't afford to waste the time, so I only sync calendar, contacts and todos. Gets me down to around 20 seconds, or less.
    I have DocstoGo, Pocket Quicken, Versa Mail and the regular PIM stuff: takes 3 minutes at most.
    Just had mine for a couple days, but the only long sync I had (longer than 2 minutes) was loading a bunch of songs onto my SD card.
    Perry,

Which version of Pocket Quicken do you have. I have 2.5, and while its a great program it takes 5 minutes alone to sync each time, even without new transactions.

Otherwise, my sync takes less than 3 minutes.
    Quote Originally Posted by HARJman
    Perry,

Which version of Pocket Quicken do you have. I have 2.5, and while its a great program it takes 5 minutes alone to sync each time, even without new transactions.

Otherwise, my sync takes less than 3 minutes.
    Hi HARJman!!

I just upgraded to 2.5, before and after the uprade to 2.5, my total Hot Sync time is under 3 minutes.

I just timed a Hot Sync -- it took 1 minute and 15 seconds, although nothing new had to be loaded in Quicken, Versa Mail or Docs to Go, as I ran a Hot sync about 2 hours ago -- but it still ran thru the process and programs.

Cheers, Perry.
    Last edited by gtwo; 05/30/2005 at 08:00 PM.
    Thanks Perry,

It takes me a long time, it gets stuck on PQKN-Transactions. I'm going to try to re-install it.
    Quote Originally Posted by HARJman
    Thanks Perry,

It takes me a long time, it gets stuck on PQKN-Transactions. I'm going to try to re-install it.
    5 minutes is way too long for Pocket Quicken, unless you have accidentally checked some box that is syncing 5 years of transactions each time you connect. The re-install sounds like a good bet. If that doen't work -- dig around in the Pocket Quicken settings and make sure some inane default setting isn't gumming up the works.

Good Luck!
    it depends on what apps you have. I use pocket making the grade for my grade book and that sync takes as long as all my other apps put together
    visor deluxe->clie n760->treo 300->treo 600->treo 650 -> treo 700p -> treo 755p