View Poll Results: Do you line the SD slot covered or not?

Voters
55. You may not vote on this poll
  • Covered

41 74.55%
  • Not covered

14 25.45%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Would you rather have a case that covered the SD slot or not? Please enter your answer in the poll above.

This is to find the percentage of users afraid to loose their SD card vs. the users who would rather not spend 5 seconds removing the top of their case to get the SD card out or use the IR.

I am hoping to encourage makers of silicon cases to make a version that covers the SD slot.
    Last edited by jamespaulritter; 05/19/2005 at 12:05 PM.
    Sweet...Im first. Well, I like it covered because I cant afford to eject it and drop it somewhere. I have a krussell case, covers it fine. Its a pain if I eject it though because I have to unzip it to take it off. Oh well.
  3.    #3  
    Good morning t2gungho,

Do you think a poll could even persuade skin case manufacturers anyway?

I'm using a Nutshell case and love it. But I also realy like the grippy feeling of the silicon skin. Well Nutshell now makes a case for skinned Treos, Awsome! Now if I could take care of the habit I have developed of checking 10 times a day to see if my SD card has fallen out.

No, OCD meds arent the fix I'm looking for
    I don't know if the poll would or not. My experience with cases has been expensive and frustrating. I don't think there is ONE case that has all the features that I want. I equate it to a pen. There are lots of pens that write with ink in different ways but none of them seem 'perfect' to me.

As far as your checking 10 times a day, I thought there was a program called 'palmpuke' that alerted you when it popped out. You might search for it.
  5.    #5  
    Palm puke nor card keeper would do me much good since my treo is on silent half the time, and half the time of that is accidental. And I would still check it 10 times a day even if I used one of those programs. Maybey I am OCD or at least paranoid
    I've lost a 1gig and a 512mb card because of the non-covered slot... I have thought about creating my own little rig so that i could lock or unlock the sd slot... kinda like the old-old-olds school 5 1/2" floppy drives.

Timmay
    Iím a lucky man to count on both hands
    The ones I love..

Visor Pro -> Visor Edge -> Treo 180 -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> T|T2+SE T68i -> Treo 600 -> T-Mobile MDA -> Treo 755p -> Treo 800w -> Treo 755p -> PALM PRE -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Palm Pre 3

Twittering about
  7.    #7  
    My kyocera 7135 had a cover over the SD slot. I used a strip of screen protector on my treo 600 to cover the SD slot. And lately I have been leaving the T650 in the Speck case because it covers the SD slot but man, that Speck case is junk, I can barely push the home, menu or 4 way directions on the d-pad.

Heres a pic on the top of the Speck case, I wish they all were this way
    I vote for covered and did. I almost lost my 1 gig SD card shortly after getting it because the case I was using did not cover the slot.

I've since switched to a Sena skin case which has a snap that goes over the top and also secures the card. It might eject, but it cannot come out.

I've got both Sena cases, with and without the magnet flipper cover. Which I use depends on where I'm working or sometimes traveling. The Sena case is great because the leather is very thin. It's also the only case I've found that allows me to charge the Treo while in the cradle.
    Hi James!

I voted "yes" cover the slot because I DO have OCD! I have my ideal case now because I put my skinned Treo in the P1 Form Fit. Everything is protected except the antenna and stylus. Maybe I need to get her a hat for those parts?
  10.    #10  
    Boy users screamed bloody murder when they realized the Speck case covered the IR and SD slot. But it looks like reality was distorted by complainers.

This is getting pretty dadgum interesting,
    What I did with my SD card was cut it down. The only way I can really get it out easily is to use the stylist.
  12.    #12  
    Ya I know a lot of people who flied down the top few millimeteres to keep the card from sticking up.

I bought a RS-MMC (reduced size) card and disassembled the adapter, cut out what I could and then glued the mini card back into the shortened adapter. It was realy hard because the adapters come apart in about 10 tiny pieces, but it worked well.

When I sold my T600 I couldnt get it out of the phone It took over a half hour with toothpicks and tweezers to extract it!
    A 2Gig SD card is pricey and holds pretty much everything I need so there isn't much reason to swap it out that often. SO I say help my clumsy @$$ from loosing it and cover the SD port. However, please do not cover my IR. I may not use it often, but when I do, I don't want to have to pull a cover down.
    -CD-
  14.    #14  
    Hey CellarDweller how ya doin!

You know your the guy who got me hooked on TC. There I was at pdaphonehome minding my own bisiness trying to figure out why I kept getting an error message with SMS,,, 3,4,5, days went by and no one would help, then -CD- lifted me up and told me about a bigger world called Treocentral where all my question could be answered

Thanks -CD-
    Quote Originally Posted by jamespaulritter
    Boy users screamed bloody murder when they realized the Speck case covered the IR and SD slot.
    How about the girl users??
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  16.    #16  
    , Now Insertian you know only Men are users.

Woman are to caring to possess that "men only" nature.
    Quote Originally Posted by jamespaulritter
    Woman are to caring to possess that "men only" nature.
    So, you're saying they are Bisexual? I do have a theory that they all have those thoughts at some time or another...
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  18.    #18  
    Thats friggin hilarious, theres nothing you cant twist
    Insertion are you a lawyer?
    Did you visit his forum? Gives a whole new perspective on Insertion.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
  20.    #20  
    Im not much of a gamer but one of these nights I'll have to go flippig through his site long enough to see if I can get him figured out
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast