1.    #1  
    looking for a weather app, ideally free... but would consider paying. something with nice layout, forecasting, radar images, etc.

anyone know of any?
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    mobile.wunderground.com
    www.accuweather.com/pda/pda_5dy.asp

That's what I've been using.
  4.    #5  
    i was hoping for a standalone application rather than using the blazer browser... which i haven't found to be all that impressive. any ideas?

thanks!
    Look at

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=82991

It has a great html file that will show you a composite of animated radar for all of continental US. You can click on any one of those images to get animated radar for that part of the US.
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    Here's the NOAA WAP site

www.srh.noaa.gov/wml
    For stand-alone apps, I use TreoAlarm and 4-cast (from shsh.com). Neither has radar, bit ae otherwise pretty good.
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
  8.    #9  
    shsh just appears to be a browser display built into their program. i'd rather have a dedicated weather app. oh well... keep looking i guess.
    This Help? Unzip and email to yourself.
    Attached Files Attached Files
  10.    #11  
    thanks, not exactly what i was looking for, but a descent idea/solution.
    Handmark Express provides radar images for your selected sites for weather updates.

$6.99 a month for news, weather, sports, 411, addresses, maps, movies, et cetera. . . . .

I use my Handmark Express daily.

Free 30 day trial . . . . . .

http://www.handmark.com/
    Quote Originally Posted by race
    shsh just appears to be a browser display built into their program. i'd rather have a dedicated weather app. oh well... keep looking i guess.
    Actually, it is a full standalone program that also shows up as a plug-in in 2day.

I can run it from the main Treo Applications launcher, or by tapping at the 4cast bar inside 2day. If I tap inside 2day, 2day closes and the 4cast application is launched. The data downloaded by 4cast is then displayed in 2day next time I run 2day.
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM