1.    #1  
    Well in CNET own words "PalmOne's golden egg has finally hatched". So what you guys say about it?

Read full review here:

http://reviews.cnet.com/PalmOne_Life...2.html?tag=top
    Treo650/sprint PCS/Locked/unlimited vision & SMS (now international too)& 1000 mins for $65.
    Treo650/tmobile/Unlocked/on trial.
    Logitech Mobile Pro.
    JabraBT800.
    Treo Wireless Headset.
    SE HBH660.
    Motorolla 810.
    Supertooth Bluetooth car kit.
    Now put all that in the Treo 650 case (with phone of course) and you would REALLY have something.

What could be more "Mobile Managerish" than that???

You can "segment" the market all you want -- but there are a few? many? of us who will always want only one device to carry for business and entertainment. The Treo 650 is the best embodiment of that yet. And please do not call it a smartphone, the Treo is soooo beyond that.

Bring on the Treo Life Drive.

Cheers, Perry
    Last edited by gtwo; 05/18/2005 at 09:09 AM.
    If I wanted to carry a traditional PDA, in addition to my cell phone, I'd be looking at one right now. But I've gotten awfully used to a thumboard, and would hate to give it up. And I only want to carry one device, and the life drive doesn't have a phone. So, for now, it's a Treo for me.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
  4.    #4  
    Since I only had Treo, can somebody tell me how you type in without a keyboard? :-)
    Treo650/sprint PCS/Locked/unlimited vision & SMS (now international too)& 1000 mins for $65.
    Treo650/tmobile/Unlocked/on trial.
    Logitech Mobile Pro.
    JabraBT800.
    Treo Wireless Headset.
    SE HBH660.
    Motorolla 810.
    Supertooth Bluetooth car kit.
    On PDAs you get a pop up keyboard on your screen that you can tap w/ a stylus, or "write" your message with the graffiti alphabet in the graffiti box on the screen with the stylus.

You did not want to do it too often or for too long.

Cheers, Perry.
    Last edited by gtwo; 05/18/2005 at 10:24 AM.
    Well, one thing we know now is that the next Treo (T700) will definitely have wifi (finally)!
    Make It Happen!!
    If you don't, who will?
    the Lifedrive is for people who still want their phone and PDA/laptop as separate units. I can see the purpose, as a truly amazing converged device would probably cost too much at the moment. In a few years we will see Treo's with these sort of specs, without an antena.

I want a laptop to use while Im on the couch....but a Lifedrive would fit the bill quite easily also. Get the wireless keyboard (or coming BT keyboards you have to think ) and you are set. It will do it all other than your hardcore gaming, and even that is only done well on the top of the line laptops.
    Global Posts
    556 Global Posts
    4 gigs of Memory and still only 24mb in a $600 phone.....sheesh.
    ReMax Properties Unlimited
    Morristown NJ
    pmdied@gmail.com
    www.peterdieduardo.com
    Quote Originally Posted by pmdied
    Phone?
    Make It Happen!!
    If you don't, who will?
    Quote Originally Posted by sam2579
    Since I only had Treo, can somebody tell me how you type in without a keyboard? :-)
    Use Treo as a bluetooth keyboard.

Quote Originally Posted by treosixoo
    Well, one thing we know now is that the next Treo (T700) will definitely have wifi (finally)!
    I hope so. But pressure from phone carriers might make it not so.

Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    Now put all that in the Treo 650 case (with phone of course) and you would REALLY have something.
    One review indicated the LifeDrive doesn't have a vibrate feature because of the hard drive. This might be a show stopper for Treo line.
    Quote Originally Posted by pmdied

Treosixoo said: Phone??

I beleive the 4 gigs refers to the LifeDrive and the 24mb in a $600 phone refers to our Treo.

Vibration of a Treo on silent and a MicroDrive being a problem is a good point by DrWowe above.

So, I will settle for 128mb or 256mb of memory in my "LifeDrive Treo" with a new file system that will fully support a 4GB Ultra SD card.

Cheers, Perry.
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    On PDAs you get a pop up keyboard on your screen that you can tap w/ a stylus, or "write" your message with the graffiti alphabet in the graffiti box on the screen with the stylus.

You did not want to do it too often or for too long.
    I beg to differ.

I am one of those freaks who actually liked writing in Graffiti. During trips through Europe I penned (styliied?) hundreds of pages of journal entries on my faithful Palm Pilot Pro. One of the things I liked the most was how you could write endlessly without moving your hand, one character directly on top of the next (in the Graffiti input area) allowing you - once you became proficient enough - to write without looking down at the PDA. Which, when you're in a beautiful park in central Paris, is a huge boon.

Granted, I am in the minority with this opinion. All the market research I've seen indicates that the mass market prefers mini keyboards to Graffiti, presumably because they don't feel that they have to learn something new. But I will be the first to say that I miss the strange "static penmanship" of Graffiti usage.

That, and that lovely Absinthe green glow of the early PalmPilot backlights.

[Le sigh]

- SFSlim
    USR PalmPilot 5000 > PalmPilot Pro > Palm V > Palm Vx > Kyocera QCP6035 > Unlocked Treo 650 w/ Bluespoon AX
    Who said Absinthe and why aren't they sharing?