1.    #1  
    Is there anyway to TURN OFF the chat thread feature for SMS messages? I don't want to have my messages from the same person shown in a a thread on the treo SMS program... i prefer them to be seperate... because that way i can delete particular messages I want. Right now, seems i can only delete them all or none... which is stupid. Anyone know??

Also, on my old cell phone, i used to be able to see if a message was delivered or not to another cell phone... can the treo do this??? i can't find the option. Seems like a 'smart' phone should be able to do more than a typical phone.

Thanks!
    To turn off chat you simpy go to the SMS function, choose Preferences in the menu, then Chat. At the top of that page there's a menu that lets you choose:

"Create chats from messages:
    Never
    Only if I've replied
    Always"

You obviously choose the "Never" option...

/Marianne
    Quote Originally Posted by race
    ... i prefer them to be seperate... because that way i can delete particular messages I want. Right now, seems i can only delete them all or none... which is stupid. Anyone know??
    Agree this would be stupid; that's why the Treo allows you to delete individual SMS messages within a thread.

Use the 5-way Navigation button to highlight the thread; press the centre button and you can then 'go into' a thread and highlight individual messages. Select the message you want deleted, go to the menu and select 'Delete'.
  4.    #4  
    Marianne: under preferences, my verizon treo definitely does not have that option... i see nothing like that under the chat tab.

kenkaw: i can't use the 5 way to navigate within the thread, but i realized if i double tap a message then hit menu/delete, it will work. but i'd prefer to just turn off the chat mode... anyone with a verizon treo 650 have this??
    Quote Originally Posted by race
    Marianne: under preferences, my verizon treo definitely does not have that option... i see nothing like that under the chat tab.

kenkaw: i can't use the 5 way to navigate within the thread, but i realized if i double tap a message then hit menu/delete, it will work. but i'd prefer to just turn off the chat mode... anyone with a verizon treo 650 have this??
    Sounds like the VZW is missing some stuff, no chat feature. Privacy Feature and I wounder how much more.

Race, Start a new thread on what the VZW 650 is missing and perhaps there can be some apps to import?
    I have an unlocked GSM...
    Not certain if it plays any role here...

but the VZ T650 is programmed for MMS vs SMS in the Sprint and Cingular versions of the phone...
    Quote Originally Posted by jscottcj
    Not certain if it plays any role here...

but the VZ T650 is programmed for MMS vs SMS in the Sprint and Cingular versions of the phone...
    I was reading this thread and thought I'd post that I do have the Chat options Marianne advised of. I've always had mine set to "Never".