Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1.    #1  
    I've had this issue for several phones now.

    I can take a completely virgin phone and synch it up to my computer. Problem is, not all of my contacts are transferred. It's in no particular order...ie, it's not truncated after a certain point. A few of them will be missing out of say 70 contacts.

    I have it set so the PC is the master database.

    Why does this do this, and how can i fix it?
  2.    #2  
    Anyone?
  3. #3  
    Anything useful in the hotsync log?
  4. #4  
    Had many similar problems till I got a new SIM card. It seems that they transferred the card from my older phone and it wasn't completely compatible with the new Treo 650. Works just fine synching between home and office computers and the phone
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by robbalazs
    Anything useful in the hotsync log?
    Just something generic like "it didn't sync properly"
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Encee
    Had many similar problems till I got a new SIM card. It seems that they transferred the card from my older phone and it wasn't completely compatible with the new Treo 650. Works just fine synching between home and office computers and the phone
    For me, nothing was ever transferred.
  7.    #7  
    Bump
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kooldino
    I've had this issue for several phones now.

    I can take a completely virgin phone and synch it up to my computer. Problem is, not all of my contacts are transferred. It's in no particular order...ie, it's not truncated after a certain point. A few of them will be missing out of say 70 contacts.

    I have it set so the PC is the master database.

    Why does this do this, and how can i fix it?
    I don't know if this will help you or not, but I had this problem a few months ago when I got my Treo and began synchronizing with Outlook.

    What I finally figured out was that I had a few contacts that had invalid phone numbers in certain fields that were not visible in Outlook. For example, I had a few with invalid fax numbers, but I was not displaying the fax number in the Outlook phone number fields so I could not see them until I pulled up the listing within Outlook, so they weren't obvious.

    When I say "invalid", I mean like a five or six digit number. I had several with a three digit number for extensions and those worked okay for some reason. I have phone numbers in Outlook formatted to display (xxx) xxx-xxxx. The numbers I had problems with didn't display that format because they were short a digit or two; e.g., one appeared as 562216562.

    As soon as I cleaned up the invalid number entries, the contacts synchronized just fine.

    You may want to look to see if you have any similar entries.
  9.    #9  
    I'll look over it w/ a fine toothed comb then.

Posting Permissions