Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567
    The iPod *does* have an OS...
    Quote Originally Posted by chriz
    The iPod *does* have an OS...
    Hmm..I guess technically you're right. But I'm thinking something along the lines of a Newton
    Apple iPhone 8GB
    Apple 15" Macbook Pro 2.33 Ghz C2D
    Retired Treo 650
    Quote Originally Posted by MacUser
    Well, now the iPod plays music and video. All we need is for Apple to add an OS and a phone and we're in business
    Yeah, it's cool.
    Love is a chemical state of mind that's part of our genes and influenced by our upbringing. We are wired for romance in part because we are supposed to be loving parents who care diligently for our helpless babies.

Gadget begets gadgets
    Quote Originally Posted by mikec
    Nothing more to say, because your mouth is full of crow....I understand.
    I dont think you do. His point was that the OS drives hardware sales and that is where Apple makes money. If you could install OS X on any bargain basement Intel-based hardware Apple would crumble. Even when Apple moves to Intel chips they will still make the OS such that it can only run on their hardware, so his point is still valid.

As for Apple being a software company that sells hardware to make money, look at the financials for them - hardware makes the money. The software is a necessity to put on their hardware. (and I am not putting down the software, I'm just saying they have to do it to sell boxes/devices).
    Here I agree with you, Apple is a hardware company. You can play "chicken or the egg" all day about which drives sales, but the fact is that Apple gives away most of its software for free and they charge a premium for their hardware. It doesnt take a genius to figure out where the money comes from, and that is what matters.
    iPhone in the Washington DC area.
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567