1.    #1  
    Hello,

What kind of card do I need to backup my contacts with the treo 600?

Thanks,
    You should be backing up your data by hot syncing to your PC. If you don't have a PC then it will be difficult for you to even get software like "Backup Buddy" to back up the contacts on your Secure Digital Card (which is the media that the Treo uses).
    The only thing that separates the men from the boys...is the lessons they learn.
    www.planetmills.com
    If you werent planning on backing up your handheld to the PC, then you could back up the pda to the card with an application like back up buddy which is also available as an over the air download from palm one, no desktop PC required. There should be a link to the download site already in your blazer.

Let me know if you have any questions.
    I am on vacation in Calif for 12 days & my 650 would not stop cycling thru a power up sequence SOD "Screen of Death". Sprint store could not help, so had to hard reset & loose all 1900 contacts & data/apps. Resetting or removing battery for 30 minutes would not stop cycling. Will restore when I return to Mich except for some new inputs while travelling..

Why-O-Why does P1 have to clear out all the data? Why not an intermediate Reset? Kevin from P1 or Anyone understand this?

Wish I would have used one (of many) of my old palms as backup and I could simply beam everything across.
    FastFrank
    Frank, get BackupBuddy VFS and backup automatically every day or as often as you like.
    That's what I use as "data insurance" if I need to hard reset while travelling...
    Quote Originally Posted by FastFrank
    Why-O-Why does P1 have to clear out all the data? Why not an intermediate Reset?
    I agree with NX01 get back up buddy or a launcher that does back ups like Megalauncher

Also, did you try a warm reset before you did a hard reset. A warm reset is the way I have always stopped looping resets. Some times it will stop the loop with out going in and deleting the likely offender, but must often I have just used it to stom the loop while I go in and fix the problem. Palm one different types of resets
    Thanx for the link on resets. Wish more posters would include links when referring to various items. I tried the soft reset multiple times before the hard reset.

I was unaware of the system reset & have had 4 different palm os phones and pilots dating to 1996. Sprint store tech did not mention sys reset either, just said he could hard reset for me. I wonder if this would have done the trick. Will try next time I get "SOD'd.

Thanks again.
    FastFrank
    Quote Originally Posted by pgenie
    Hello,

What kind of card do I need to backup my contacts with the treo 600?

Thanks,
    Any SD card will do. If you can't afford $60 for a 1gb card, go for a 256mb or 512mb.
    Shneor
    Pre 3 on T-Mobile, 32gb Touchpad