1.    #1  
    Local Cingular retailer AND the one near my in-laws says there are 1,000's of 650s backordered - can anyone confirm this? Does anyone know where I could get one without having to pay upwards of $500 for an unlocked one?

-Jeff
    Global Posts
    214 Global Posts
    You don't say where you're located, but several Cingular stores in the Albany, NY area have 650's in stock.

Brett
    Can't be true. I've walked into Cingular stores to try them out. Of course all the phones on display are just dummies. So the CSRs just rip open a new one for me to play with. They can't be too scarce if they are willing to do that.
    upwards of $500 for an unlocked one? Isn't P1 selling 'em for $699?
    1 | 2
    Quote Originally Posted by jjrobert
    Local Cingular retailer AND the one near my in-laws says there are 1,000's of 650s backordered - can anyone confirm this? Does anyone know where I could get one without having to pay upwards of $500 for an unlocked one?

-Jeff

You could try calling Cingular Customer Service. I'm sure they could point you in the right direction.
    Call Cingular and buy one direct from them. They have them in stock now. That is where I got mine in February!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jjrobert

-Jeff
    Rewards Network

Unlocked BlackBerry Curve 8300 (AT&T/Cingular)

Unlocked Treo 680 Graphite (Cingular) - RETIRED

Zoomer > Palm Pilot > Palm IIIxe > Palm V > Palm M505 > Palm M515 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 >
  7.    #7  
    "You could try calling Cingular Customer Service. I'm sure they could point you in the right direction."

"Call Cingular and buy one direct from them. They have them in stock now. That is where I got mine in February!!!!!"

I could not get a human on the phone that could help me. Twice I got a person that said they would forward me to tele-sales. One forwarded me to a wrong number and the other threw me back to the top of the phone menu.

I gave up after 1.5 hours on the phone and ordered an unlocked phone from palmOne. $581 (with current plan) instead of $425-ish (according to the same retailer who said he couldn't get me one) but the frustration wasn't worth it anymore. Should be here in 2-3 days, then I just need a $10 simm because my cheapo phone has the GemPlus 64Mb simm that reportedly doesn't play well with the Treo 650.

Whew!
    -Jeff
    I have found a huge difference between buying from a company store and an agent type store. The latter would do nothing extra for me and actually told me stuff that was untrue regarding porting numbers after buying the phone.

I went to a company store and explained that I needed to try the phone first before porting my number. He said no problem, I could port later for no extra charge and gave me a temp number. He gave me the phone for the rebated price without having to apply for the rebate, and also did not have to buy the full net package needed for the rebate. He also knocked another $50 off the price to bring it to $350. He also checked and found a company discount I was eligible for on the monthly rate. Everything worked fine so I ported the number a day later, no hassles or extra charges. I don't know how he was able to do all this when everyone else said something else. But he earned my business as I moved two other phones over right after that and he gave me good deals on those also. I also bought a BT headphone a few days later and got the after rebate price right away. I hate applying for rebates.

I guess if you are going to move a chunk of business, be nice and let the person know what you want to do and let him help. BTW, not to sound sexist, but I looked for a male to help who looked more than 1/2 way intelligent.