1.    #1  
    Just got my Treo 650 from Sprint, I have the Vision package that lets me do all the picture mail and all that stuff... but what I am really interested in is all the stuff I've read about in the thread about what cool things you have done with your Treo.

Where do I get all the awesome software that everyone uses?

To be more specific, where can I get Microsoft Word and other office tools... How do I set up my work email to work with my T650. How do I assign ring tones to different people? I guess that's pretty good to start with

Thanks for all your help everyone...
  2.    #2  
    Also, what's with all the different ways to send a text mesage and email?
    Quote Originally Posted by datchineseguy
    Just got my Treo 650 from Sprint, I have the Vision package that lets me do all the picture mail and all that stuff... but what I am really interested in is all the stuff I've read about in the thread about what cool things you have done with your Treo.
    If your curious about "all the stuff I've read about in the thread about what cool things you have done with your Treo", perhaps you should post in that thread? Just a helpful little suggestion.
    Where do I get all the awesome software that everyone uses?

To be more specific, where can I get Microsoft Word and other office tools...
    MS Word can be purchased at any computer related store. Even Wal-Mart probably has Word.
    How do I set up my work email to work with my T650.
    Depends on your work server mainly.
    How do I assign ring tones to different people? I guess that's pretty good to start with

Thanks for all your help everyone...
    Search for the last one. Key word "ringtone"
    Also, what's with all the different ways to send a text mesage and email?
    Text is pretty self explanatory. Read your manual if you're unsure. And there are different email programs available. Depends on your needs
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Welcome to the Treo community and Treocentral. I would suggest you first to read the owner's manual cover to cover and then use the search function on this site to answer all your other questions.

Treo 650 is a powerful machine and the owner's manual is an excellent starting point for all new users.

Good luck.
    Buy MS Word? You can convert documents to native Word and Excel in Documents To Go AND in Quick Install.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marianne
    in Quick Install.
    I think you mean QuickOffice.
    "Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen."
    - Albert Einstein
    To sum up Insertions's and Rome's comments, read this very helpful thread - http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=82619

http://discussion.treocentral.com/im...es/biggrin.gif
    Treo knowledge base (FAQs)

Treo Hater's Club

Treo 600 (GSM)--> MDA Vario (HTC Wizard)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marianne
    Buy MS Word? You can convert documents to native Word and Excel in Documents To Go AND in Quick Install.
    Great avatar!!