Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    Hi...been reading the forums for a few weeks now trying to decide if I am going to purchase the 600.
    Background: Teacher...use computers everyday at work...have used a palm a couple of years ago(not much)...Coach in charge of TONS of Baseball related issues...ordering, practice schedules, organization etc.
    Really want the 600 for scheduling, calendar, organization, phone, and related programs...I like the thought of having access to the web at all times.
    I am with Verizon and know about the high $$$ for unlimited access for that.

AM I being silly for wanting this or is it something that a so-so computer user can use and learn to get the most out of it?

Does this make sense...I catch on quick...but the only computer access I have right now is at work...can I download all of the programs I need from here...should I just pass on it?

Thanks for your opinions and comments

Jeff

~Coxy~
    Global Posts
    214 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Coxy
    Hi...been reading the forums for a few weeks now trying to decide if I am going to purchase the 600.
    Background: Teacher...use computers everyday at work...have used a palm a couple of years ago(not much)...Coach in charge of TONS of Baseball related issues...ordering, practice schedules, organization etc.
    Really want the 600 for scheduling, calendar, organization, phone, and related programs...I like the thought of having access to the web at all times.
    I am with Verizon and know about the high $$$ for unlimited access for that.

AM I being silly for wanting this or is it something that a so-so computer user can use and learn to get the most out of it?

Does this make sense...I catch on quick...but the only computer access I have right now is at work...can I download all of the programs I need from here...should I just pass on it?

Thanks for your opinions and comments

Jeff

~Coxy~
    First, take a look at the threads that compare the 600 to the 650. The 650 isn't that much more and has a lot of nice features. If you plan on doing a lot of web browsing then the higher resolution screen on the 650 will make a huge difference. (From what I've read, verizon doesn't have the 650 available yet, but it's supposed to be released before the end of the month).

Downloading and installing programs directly on the Treo itself is possible, but it's not nearly as easy as downloading and installing them with a computer and hotsync cable. If you're able to install the hotsync software on your computer at work, then that would probably be easier to set up programs and such, but it is quite possible to use just the Treo.

HTH,
    Brett