Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 56
  1.    #1  
    I've come to realize that less is more on the Treo(Palm). So instead of using 3rd party apps to do mp3 ringtones I just trim and convert them to AMR or WAV. The treo seems more reliable this way. So if you want some cool ringtones I got some hosted here http://www.kingofdetroit.com/treo650/ringtones . you can go there on your treo then just save them to sounds and voila.

    I got a cool prog that converts text to WAV in different computer voices. If you want a custom ringtone to say whatever you want just let me know and I'll make it and put it up. Cool.
    Last edited by juice; 05/02/2005 at 08:44 PM.
  2. #2  
    Quote Originally Posted by juice
    I've come to realize that less is more on the Treo(Palm). So instead of using 3rd party apps to do mp3 ringtones I just trim and convert them to AMR or WAV. The treo seems more reliable this way. So if you want some cool ringtones I got some hosted here http://kingofdetroit.com/treo650/ringtones . you can go there on your treo then just save them to sounds and WALA.

    I got a cool prog that converts text to WAV in different computer voices. If you want a custom ringtone to say whatever you want just let me know and I'll make it and put it up. Cool.

    Where do you save the sounds on your Treo650? What is the program that converts from mp3 to the treo compatible sound? what is that sound?

    .wav or something else?
  3.    #3  
    Here's the prog that converts from mp3 to amr http://www.miksoft.net/mobileAMRconverter.htm . It's free. All you have to do is either email the amr file to your Treo per email and when you download the attachment download it to "sounds". Or just put the amr or wav files on cyberspace and hit it through Blazer and save it to sounds. Then your sounds will be in the list of ringtones in preferences.
  4. #4  
    I hate to be picky....
    But really...

    Its VOILA.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Longstrider
    I hate to be picky....
    But really...

    Its VOILA.
    right.
  6. #6  
    Laffs...

    WALA sounds like a SuperMarket chain!!
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by juice
    If you want a custom ringtone to say whatever you want just let me know and I'll make it and put it up. Cool.
    I would love it you didnt mind,,,,, thats very nice of you. Could you make one for me then that says "Mr. James Ritter you have a phone call".
  8. bsgolob's Avatar
    Posts
    15 Posts
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    #8  
    1. Thanks, Juice for the ringtones (especially 'cops')!
    2. Thanks, Juice for the mp3 converter link!
    3. On a less positive note, when I tried to install a custom ringtone I made (amr), it worked in the 'sounds' app and as a general ringtone (w/cid, w/o cid), but not as a custom tone that you could assign to a favorites button. A search of the TC forums revealed that this is a bug, apparently one that P1 does not intend to fix anytime soon.

    Just wanted to warn people before they got too excited and spent a lot of time making tones for specific people.

    Maybe if P1 continues to be unresponsive, enough calls to Sprint or Cingular customer service would exert a little more pressure on them.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by jamespaulritter
    I would love it you didnt mind,,,,, thats very nice of you. Could you make one for me then that says "Mr. James Ritter you have a phone call".
    done. http://www.kingofdetroit.com/treo650/ringtones
  10. #10  
    Thanks. Works great
  11. #11  
    Juice. Thanks for the program but how come when I convert a Wav to amr file and send it via VersaMail I see it in my sounds but it makes no sound? What am I doing wrong?
  12. #12  
    thanks! this is great. I have been dying for some different tones. I'd love to have an old phone ring, but can't find one. Anyone have one for the Treo? I had one on an old Pocket PC Phone Edition (piece of junk, but I like the ring!).

    James
  13. #13  
    Sanford I have a Old Phone ring but cant get it to work. Help me and I will send it to you.
  14. #14  
    I always go to sound dogs for that stuff.

    I got a police siren from there to freak my brother out and a sneeze mp3 so when my phone rings at the wrong time no one notices, they just think someone sneezed. I know, its silly, but so am I.
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by jksanford
    thanks! this is great. I have been dying for some different tones. I'd love to have an old phone ring, but can't find one. Anyone have one for the Treo? I had one on an old Pocket PC Phone Edition (piece of junk, but I like the ring!).

    James
    I have had some files not convert... What do you want for free?
  16.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by Nade23
    Juice. Thanks for the program but how come when I convert a Wav to amr file and send it via VersaMail I see it in my sounds but it makes no sound? What am I doing wrong?
    Some waves have issues. Try making the file the send it to your desktop and if you have quicktime installed it should play it. I think it has something to do with different bit rates.
  17. #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by juice
    Some waves have issues. Try making the file the send it to your desktop and if you have quicktime installed it should play it. I think it has something to do with different bit rates.
    How long should it take to convert? At what MR?
  18.    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by Nade23
    How long should it take to convert? At what MR?
    I only converted mp3's to AMR as for wav's I just download straight to my phone. Trying to convert a wav with that prog took forever. Like I said your phone only rings for a couple seconds so trim whatever wav file you want to make it smaller.
  19. #19  
    It works can you make a AMR That says " Mr Krueger you have a voicemail" Thanks again.
  20. #20  
    What software are you using for the text-to-speech conversion?
    US Robotics Palm Pilot -> Palm Pilot Professional -> Palm III -> Palm VII -> Palm VIIx -> Treo 180 -> Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions