Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by juice
    I've come to realize that less is more on the Treo(Palm). So instead of using 3rd party apps to do mp3 ringtones I just trim and convert them to AMR or WAV. The treo seems more reliable this way. So if you want some cool ringtones I got some hosted here http://www.kingofdetroit.com/treo650/ringtones . you can go there on your treo then just save them to sounds and voila.

I got a cool prog that converts text to WAV in different computer voices. If you want a custom ringtone to say whatever you want just let me know and I'll make it and put it up. Cool.
    Thanks! Anyway I could get all three of the "Crystal" ones with the name "John" in it? Like "John, you have a phonecall."? Or "John, you have a text message"? Or "John, you have recieved new voicemail"? Those three would make my week! Thanks Juice!!!
    Go here if you're tired of being .
    It'll be fun.
    Global Posts
    90 Global Posts
    I got a cool prog that converts text to WAV in different computer voices. If you want a custom ringtone to say whatever you want just let me know and I'll make it and put it up. Cool.
    You can do this on line here:
    Global Posts
    242 Global Posts
    The easiest way for me to move an .AMR file to my handheld;

1. Convert the file
    2. Save to the MAIN folder of an SD card (i.e., "e:\")
    3. Put SD card into Treo
    4. Open the browser, and set the address of "file:///filename.amr"
    5. The "Download" dialog comes up. Save to "Sounds".
    6. Enjoy.
    HS visor Deluxe (Blue) & Palm IIIx ► HS visor Prism & visorPhone ►P1 T|T & SE T68i ► Tapwave Zodiac2 & P1 Treo 650 GSM ►Treo 680 unlocked ► Sprint Pre(-)►TouchPad & Sprint FrankenPre2 VZW

I will leave Palm/webOS only after kicking, screaming and wrecking anything on my way out.

- (Sigh)... It died.
    Global Posts
    242 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rpungin
    Whenever I go there, it gives me a 503 error.
    HS visor Deluxe (Blue) & Palm IIIx ► HS visor Prism & visorPhone ►P1 T|T & SE T68i ► Tapwave Zodiac2 & P1 Treo 650 GSM ►Treo 680 unlocked ► Sprint Pre(-)►TouchPad & Sprint FrankenPre2 VZW

I will leave Palm/webOS only after kicking, screaming and wrecking anything on my way out.

- (Sigh)... It died.
    Can you please make one for me that says "Incoming call for Mr. Carl Brooks"
    Looking for a way to earn additional income? One that allows you to not only market services people use everyday, but the services of the future too? This opportunity provides outstanding earning potential with ongoing training and support. You are in business for yourself but never by yourself. Stop imagining and start living.

Independent Representative
    Carl Brooks
    carl@techloyal.com
    http://www.techloyal.com
    Thanks for the AT&T Lab link.

I was able to kill 2 hours of my life on that site. It was fun

- Blades
    Mother do you think they'll drop the bomb?
    Quote Originally Posted by rpungin
    How do I get it onto my Treo? When I try to download it directly it says "download failed". I'm sure this is something simple, but could one of you walk me through this? Thanks.
    Go here if you're tired of being .
    It'll be fun.
    ^Email it to yourself
    Soylent Green Is People

My Current Weather For Vancouver, BC
    I converted some Mp3 files to AMR and downloaded them into my sound list. They sound great, but will not ring when I set one of them to a ring sound. Any ideas? I've discovered that if I set this new AMR file as one of the default ringers it works, but not as a distinctive ring on a button.
    Last edited by trietsch; 05/08/2005 at 04:56 PM.
    Global Posts
    242 Global Posts
    The only way to get any AMR to work as a ringtone is to use the "Sounds" interface. In other words, you can set a category (from contacts, not from contacts) to an AMR ring, but not individual "Favorites Button" rings.

It's a bug, but now a feature according to the updated FAQs (read FACK QUE).

- (Sigh)... It died.
    One more special request Juice. There is another spot on here where someone posted the "boink boink" from Law and Order (that's the header of the post) and I tried to convert it but it sounds bad using the conversion program. Does it sound better if you host it and I dload it into Blazer for some reason? Could you try it? Thanks!
    Well, it isn't perfect and it makes me crazy, but I still do love my Treo!
    Sprint Treo 650 CDMA
    Global Posts
    353 Global Posts
    Juice,

Can you please please pleassse make me one that Says: (Please use a womans voice if possible)

Mr. Aquino You have an incoming call.
    Mr. Aquino a New Voicemail has arrived.
    Mr. Aquino a New E-mail has arrived.

(( Aquino kinda sounds like "A-Keen-Oh" ))

Thanks!!!
    cool
    in post #26 a link is posted to a site that lets you type in whatever it is you want said. i have done it and it works great.

look at post #26
    Wisdom sheds light on the knowledge you have accumulated

Palm Pre (Sprint)
    Anyone know of Star Wars ring tones?

- Blades
    Mother do you think they'll drop the bomb?
    Global Posts
    242 Global Posts
    I've heard of them.

- (Sigh)... It died.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123