Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1.    #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by Nade23
    It works can you make a AMR That says " Mr Krueger you have a voicemail" Thanks again.
    ok it's there. I made an AMR and a WAV. The wav is bigger but sounds better.

Also I use a program called "coolspeech".

Also there's a program called mptrim(free) http://www.mptrim.com/ that you can use to trim your mp3's then convert them to AMR. Nice. much better than using a Terd Party App. Why have your mp3 player open the whole 3meg or whatever mp3 just to play the first 6 seconds?
    WOW!! Your the best Thank you!
  3.    #23  
    Too bad I can't implement this via the web where you just punch in some text and it spits out a wav... Hmmm time to bust out my asp books.
    I could throw this together in a JSP pretty quickly. Ping me if you're interested.
  5.    #25  
    You would need the registered version of the prog no?
    Check out the ATT Text-To-Speech site.

Make sure you choose the 'Display a link for the audio file' checkbox. You'll get a link to a .WAV download file. Download and enjoy! I love this, especially the British Woman voice.
    Last edited by patwoods; 05/03/2005 at 04:12 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by juice
    I got a cool prog that converts text to WAV in different computer voices. If you want a custom ringtone to say whatever you want just let me know and I'll make it and put it up. Cool.
    Hey Man thanks for the offer,

I would love:

You have Voicemail

You have a new Email
    Soylent Green Is People

My Current Weather For Vancouver, BC
    You can do it yourself via the ATT website.
    See my reply above your post.
    Quote Originally Posted by patwoods
    You can do it yourself via the ATT website.
    See my reply above your post.
    I didn't even notice your post, that is pretty cool. The intonation is totally off though. But still I will be making a few tones with it. Thanks for the link.
    Soylent Green Is People

sometimes you can trick it by spelling things phonetically, and adding commas, etc. for pause and effect.

it works OK for me... glad to have helped though
    ^Thats a good tip, I'll try it.
    Soylent Green Is People

Juice. Why is that when I create a Wav file its sounds fine but when I convert it to AMR it slows down alot and is not clear? I'm i doing something wrong? With Quicktime?
    Global Posts
    242 Global Posts
    Yeah, same problem here. Is it that MobileAMRConverter program doing that?
    HS visor Deluxe (Blue) & Palm IIIx ► HS visor Prism & visorPhone ►P1 T|T & SE T68i ► Tapwave Zodiac2 & P1 Treo 650 GSM ►Treo 680 unlocked ► Sprint Pre(-)►TouchPad & Sprint FrankenPre2 VZW

I will leave Palm/webOS only after kicking, screaming and wrecking anything on my way out.

- (Sigh)... It died.
    Quote Originally Posted by gbobman
    Yeah, same problem here. Is it that MobileAMRConverter program doing that?
    Wow I'm glad its not only me
    Global Posts
    242 Global Posts
    The way I found to work around that is to use only MP3s. I use CDnGo.

It works, but the extra step is a pain. As is not being able to use it as a ring tone.

That text to voice converter is a blast at work. "Be yotch" works quite well.
    HS visor Deluxe (Blue) & Palm IIIx ► HS visor Prism & visorPhone ►P1 T|T & SE T68i ► Tapwave Zodiac2 & P1 Treo 650 GSM ►Treo 680 unlocked ► Sprint Pre(-)►TouchPad & Sprint FrankenPre2 VZW

I will leave Palm/webOS only after kicking, screaming and wrecking anything on my way out.

- (Sigh)... It died.
  16.    #36  
    Quote Originally Posted by patwoods
    Check out the ATT Text-To-Speech site.

Make sure you choose the 'Display a link for the audio file' checkbox. You'll get a link to a .WAV download file. Download and enjoy! I love this, especially the British Woman voice.
    Ask and you shall receive. Gotta love the internet.
    Global Posts
    242 Global Posts
    Now if only that bug with the individual rings not working with .AMR would go away. Did they fix that in the 1.2x ROMs?

- (Sigh)... It died.
    Juice,

I've been following along, and I have created my requested wav file at the AT&T site, converted it, then converted it to amr format with the AMR conversion software. One quick question: Do you use a particular AMR setting for yours? I've been testing with 12.2 as it says the higher the number, the better audio.

Everything is working great, just didn't know if there was a preferred/best AMR selection for the Treo's.

Note: I, too, love the British womans voice
    Can you please give some more detailed steps on how to get an amr or wav file into the phone for it to be recognized? i put the wav and amr files on my sd card, then tried to copy them to the phone with filez. the wav file copies to the internal, but when i try to copy an amr i get "there was an error during copy, stopping". The wav doesn't show up in the sounds app.
    Thanx
    Quote Originally Posted by ekuzco
    Can you please give some more detailed steps on how to get an amr or wav file into the phone for it to be recognized? i put the wav and amr files on my sd card, then tried to copy them to the phone with filez. the wav file copies to the internal, but when i try to copy an amr i get "there was an error during copy, stopping". The wav doesn't show up in the sounds app.
    Thanx
    I just Email them to myself.
    Soylent Green Is People

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast