1.    #1  
    Can someone please tell me how to do them both and what the difference is?
    Thanks in advance
    Global Posts
    214 Global Posts
    Search and you will find...

http://kb.palmone.com/SRVS/CGI-BIN/W...,case=obj(887)

Brett
    How about

1. RTFM

and then

2. Search
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    How about

1. RTFM

and then

Gotta be trolling. No one who owns a 650 could seriously be asking that question.
    if you don't know what a hard reset means you did everything right with your treo.

you should be happy.
    Soft Reset = tells your Palm device to stop trying to do what it is stuck on and reset. No data is lost in this process. (Press the reset button under the battery cover.)

Hard Reset = erases all data and user programs from your internal memory, basically putting your Treo/Palm PDA back to a just out of the box state. (Updates such as 1.08 for Sprint and 1.21? for GSM will remain) You then reload manually , or from a back up, or by hot-syncing to your PC. (Doing a hard reset involves pressing the reset button while holding another key at the same time -- sorry -- have not had to do one, so I have not looked that one up for the 650.)

Do enjoy your Treo 650 and do not be afraid to post again. Yes- do learn how to use the search function -- but the Treo clan is a very helpful bunch!
  7.    #7  
    Sorry, this is my first palm and I am not hip to the lingo like you guys are. I appreciate the link.
    Quote Originally Posted by string3599
    Sorry, this is my first palm and I am not hip to the lingo like you guys are. I appreciate the link.
    You shouldn't be hip to the lingo, if it is your first Palm. But you should at least make an effort to look in your manual. A quick look in the Index will point you to the proper pages. You'd be amazed at what that book has to offer.

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Guys Was it really easier to type all the nonsense badgering and finding and posting links, as opposed to saying

soft - button under battery door
    hard - hold power key while pressing button under battery door

Breathe easy people. The Treo 650 has spread like wildfire. Be easy on the newcomers. Its O.K. to suggest a search, but when the answer is as simple as this one.... let's make it a little easier on folk, and provide it for them. People come to this forum to enjoy their toy, and escape from the drama of the world. Lets have fun with it.
    There's a bit more that goes into a hard reset then that. Which is why it's best to first reference your manual.