1.    #1  
    I recall that there is a way to choose which app comes on when you power on the Treo, but I cannot seem to figure it out (despite rereading the manual twice and doing a forum search). Perhaps I was thinking of another device? Hmm...

The problem I am having is using a program I just installed, Verichat. The phone shows me as online while the phone is off, but when I power on the phone to check the application for messages, the phone screen coming on disconnects my data connection and boots me off messenger. Then I have to go back to verichat app and reconnect, meanwhile my status shows me going off and back online several times in a short period. If I could start my Treo with the main screen instead of the phone, then I think the problem will be solved. Is this an easy no brainer that I have missed, or is it just not something one can do?

Thanks!
    I have a GSM 600. When I turn the unit on, the screen shows the last application I was using before the screen went off.

Aside from that, you can program one of your hard keys to Verichat.

1. From your Applications (Home) screen, tap "Prefs"
    2. Select "Buttons" from the drop down menu in the upper right corner
    3. Select the applications you wish each button to open
    I think catalogguy is talking about turning on the radio, not just the screen. But, in any case, on my CDMA 650, turning the phone on (Holding down the red phone button) returns me to the app I was last viewing. The only time my phone screen comes up by itself is after a reset.

I get the feeling I'm missing something in catalogguy's explanation, though.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    There's a freeware app called Soft Reset that allows you to chose an application to launch after reset automatically. You can go to www.palmgear.com and do a search.
  5.    #5  
    Thanks, all. I really appreciate the contribution of brain cells. I would like to clarify what is going on.

After I use verichat I shut off the display by clicking the red button and the device shuts itself off BUT it leaves verichat logged on. When I click the power button, the device powers on to the phone app. When the phone app comes on it disconnects the chat app to enable the phone connection and I am automatically logged off. Not that I made a phone call, I just turned on the device which brought up the phone app and booted me off messenger.

I was experimenting with fonts and colors and such... let me know if it is annoying

Quote Originally Posted by aznmode
    There's a freeware app called Soft Reset that allows you to chose an application to launch after reset automatically. You can go to www.palmgear.com and do a search.
    Check Out the freeware PowerUp from GoTreo Software. It let's you pick what program starts when you hit the button (for me it's TMP) and what one to start after a reset (for me Uninstall Manager). It will also tur your phone back on after a reset.
    Global Posts
    214 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by catalogguy
    Thanks, all. I really appreciate the contribution of brain cells. I would like to clarify what is going on.

After I use verichat I shut off the display by clicking the red button and the device shuts itself off BUT it leaves verichat logged on. When I click the power button, the device powers on to the phone app. When the phone app comes on it disconnects the chat app to enable the phone connection and I am automatically logged off. Not that I made a phone call, I just turned on the device which brought up the phone app and booted me off messenger.

I was experimenting with fonts and colors and such... let me know if it is annoying
    When you say you click the power button, which button are you pressing? If you press the red phone button again it should come back up to whatever you were using. If you're pressing the green phone button, then it will power on and start the phone app. Also, if you press the calendar or email buttons, then it will power up and start whatever app is assigned to those buttons. (This is on a 650. If you have a treo 600 and you're pushing the power button on top, then I have no idea what should happen, because I have a 650).

HTH,
    Brett
  8.    #8  
    Geniuses!! Pressing the red button powers me back to the verichat app with no loss of data connectivity! Muchisimas gracias! If you guys ever get to San Felipe, Corona is on me.

Andrew