Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    StyleTap enables Palm OS applications to work on Pocket PC!

http://www.palminfocenter.com/view_story.asp?ID=7794

and no Skype for PALM?!!

i'll see you in the dark side soon..
    Every week someone predicts that.
    Only if Palm somehow becomes extremely unpopular, will there be an end to Palm. Even Apple didn't die when it became seriously outdone(in terms of users) by PCs.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    and i guess pocketpc user do too. is that why they want my apps
    Wisdom sheds light on the knowledge you have accumulated

Palm Pre (Sprint)
  4.    #4  
    skype doesn't believe there's a future in palm. so does sony or any other prominent manufacturer. and a windows based treo? so where is this heading?

the only saving grace for palm now is the TREO, better hardware and the best software. in the near future i guess, i'll switch back to pocket pc, the best hardware and with the help of styletap, the best software.
    yeah? how are gonna hold your spoon? ^^
    so when did the pc ever surpass the Mac in terms of features. It hasent yet. It is very interesting that PocketPc users would want to run Palm app's. Isn't the pocketpc supposed to have better apps. Pardon me while I wince I will stay with palm. I have used the dark side sine the intruduction of wince 1.0 hoping that one day it would be viable. I always end up using a Palm.
    bit_bucket
    Only the Treo will save Palm?? Aren't the Tungsten and Zire lines still popular also? Am I missing something here?
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Quote Originally Posted by mojax
    StyleTap enables Palm OS applications to work on Pocket PC!

http://www.palminfocenter.com/view_story.asp?ID=7794

and no Skype for PALM?!!

i'll see you in the dark side soon..
    Yawn...
    Keep up SOP P1... and it won't be long.
    I've been a long time supporter of Palm, since my 2mb 3Com Palm III days.
    However, I believe that as soon as battery technology finally catches up with the rest of Pocket PC hardware (and Toshiba is on the case), then with StyleTap, what would be the advantage of owning a PalmOS device, linux kernel or not?
    My 650 may well be my last PalmOS device if StyleTap actually works reliably, and I can transfer my software subscriptions...
    I don't care about the "which is better" war between Palm and PPC. For me, Palm works, I know it very well, and I have invested lots of money into Palm apps. But the biggest issue of why I won't consider switching now: I just don't feel like investing the time and money into figuring out PPC, since Palm works so well for me now.
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
    Man, if I had a nickel for every time someone has predicted PalmOne's demise ... I'd be a rich guy.
    Cingular Treo 650
    Click here to see what's loaded on my Treo 650
    Do you like my dog? Visit his website!!!
    Advantage would be a choice of OS for your smartphone or PDA! MS already has a monopoly on desktops and laptops! Why do so many just go along with them like sheep? They're in trouble AGAIN with the EU for monpolizing! But a lot of the problem is US, the consumer, for allowing them to monopolize.

Quote Originally Posted by NX01
    My 650 may well be my last PalmOS device if StyleTap actually works reliably, and I can transfer my software subscriptions...
    Uh huh. And what makes you think it will? Half of those "Palm Apps" are classified in my mind as unreliable at best. Add this step and it gets even more dicey!
    Go here if you're tired of being .
    It'll be fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by DrDoom
    Uh huh. And what makes you think it will? Half of those "Palm Apps" are classified in my mind as unreliable at best. Add this step and it gets even more dicey!
    Yes, we classfied your comment as unreliable and dicey.
    Quote Originally Posted by dlbrummels
    ...well, wow. I'd be insulted if that made any sense. Show me a PPC device that works the way its supposed to, and as well as the Treo, then. Now show me a Palm app that didn't need some tweaking AFTER initial release to make it work properly. Add to that using another third party app to move that Palm app to an operating system it wasn't designed for and you're going to tell me that will be a reliable enough system to kill Palm altogether? C'mon brummels. You can't be serious.
    It'll be fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by dlbrummels
    ...I just got called "unreliable and dicey" by a guy with Satan as his avatar. The irony of that shouldn't be overlooked!
    It'll be fun.
    There's something to say for encouraging competition. Microsoft has proven time and time again that they will take advantage of their market dominance in way that puts the consumer at a huge disadvantage.

The bottom line is that we get stuck with proprietary systems, proprietary file formats and DRM with microsoft. Microsoft is also notorious for forced upgrades and privacy concerns- try reading their current EULA or about their palladium architecture.

In the end I go with whomever has the better product, I'm not going to short change myself. Palm has decent products that should be welcomed simply for the sake of not letting MS completely own the pda inductry too.

-BT
    it doesn't work with conduits
    visor deluxe->clie n760->treo 300->treo 600->treo 650 -> treo 700p -> treo 755p
    Quote Originally Posted by bit_bucket
    so when did the pc ever surpass the Mac in terms of features. It hasent yet. It is very interesting that PocketPc users would want to run Palm app's. Isn't the pocketpc supposed to have better apps. Pardon me while I wince I will stay with palm. I have used the dark side sine the intruduction of wince 1.0 hoping that one day it would be viable. I always end up using a Palm.
    You hit the nail on the head. Every time I venture over to the dark side (latest was a Dell x50v - a pretty good PDA) I end up coming back home to Palm. Why else do they want our store of software?
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast