• Treo 650

63 73.26%
  • Treo 600

26 30.23%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    Just wondering how many people have a 600 or 650.
    "I'm not against half-naked girls - not as often as I'd like to be..." Benny Hill
    Next question is:

How may of the 650s were prior 600s?

I almost went for the 600 when I had a Tungsten T3 and a Sony Ericsson BlueTooth cellphone hanging on my belt, but I could not deal with going from my T3 stretch 480 by 320 pixels screen to the 600's 160x160. The Treo 650 did me in. I doubt that I will ever go back to two devices -- three devices, if you count the IPod I will never buy.
    I only used one Palm device before this one. I still have it by the way, it's so old. I think it's a Vx(the thin one that was $400 when it came out)? The 650 has made me a true convert though! Although the Tungsten seems great too, I really think the all-in-one smartphones are more practical than carrying a PDA and a cell. The Tungsten line is still cool though.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    First time with Palm and just got the Treo 650 i love this phone.
    Below...
    Me = Nokia 5170/Palm III > Kyocera 6035 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 755p > Treo Pro > Palm Pre

Wife = Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 755p > Palm Centro > Palm Pixi
    the 650 is my first palm device and i'm enjoying the ride...
    The only time I ever made a mistake was when i thought I did and was mistaken.
    Started with the special edition IIIe, followed by IIIc, m505, Tungsten|T and T3. And I collect old Palm's, I have a Pilot 1000 that was made in July 1996 and it still works perfectly!
    But now I am enjoying my Treo 650. Who needs a stylus anyway?!
    I almost went with the 600 until I saw how beautiful the 650 screen was at at Sprint store. I was willing to sacrafice screen quality for funtionality and price of the 600 but couldn't after seeing the 650. I was coming from a hi-res CLIE, so it was tough to convince myself to get the 600.

My history:
    Casio Cassiopia A10, Philips Nino, Palm III, Palm IIIxe, CLIE S300, CLIE S320, CLIE T665C, CLIE NX73V, CLIE TH55, CLIE UX50, back to CLIE TH55, and now Treo 650!

Wow... didn't realize it has been so many. The TREO is by far the best of anything I've ever used.
    The Treo 650 is my first palm device/pda phone. And i must say i don't know how i carried around 2 devices for so long. I guess that's why i haven't used my Dell Axim X3i in months, even prior to getting my 650. I love it!!!!!! I was at work today just plugging appointments in my calendar. It was sooooooo fun!
    Still on my 600. Don't need the hi-res and/or bluetooth.

Visor Deluxe -> Visor Platinum -> Visor Pro -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600
    VTech Helio -> Agenda VR3 -> Zaurus SL-5500
    I retired my Sony Clie UX50 after only having it a year or so until Sony dropped the Clie line in the US entirely... made me mad!- no new accessories, no apps.. nothing. That thing cost as much as a full price Treo... and I carried a cell phone as well.

The UX50 was a ground breaking device on its own, but my Treo 650 blows it miles away by a long shot.
    650 owner here, started with Samsung I300, then I330, Treo 600 & now 650
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    I've had Palm devices since the Palm III. I upgraded to the Vx, then a couple of Sony Clie models ending with the UX-50. But carrying around both a cell phone and organizer was a bit of a hassle, and since I really only needed the basics of the organizer (memos, calendar) it was clearly overkill. The Treos came along and seemed like the perfect marriage of phone and organizer, but I didn't really like the look or feel of the Treo 180-300. The Treo 600 looked like the ideal form factor and I have been thrilled with my 600 since day 1. The call of higher resolution and bluetooth, however, was too much to resist for a gadget junkie like me so I upgraded to the 650. And it's just SO sweet!

I've had a couple of Blackberries (still have 'em for now) and they're pretty cool, but aside from the truely superior email they're just too limited. Lack of storage is a killer for the Blackberry for me, and using one for a phone works, sure, but not as well as the Treo. Great keyboard as well, but the redesign of the 650's keyboard was a huge step in closing the "keyboard gap". Software selection for the Blackberry is really coming on strong, but there is still no comparison with the Palm platform. They're years from having anything like the selection I have for my Treo.

I've also experimented with a couple of models of PocketPC organizers, but being a Macintosh user makes them problematic. Solutions for using a PocketPC device with a Mac are out there, and getting better all the time, but lots of issues remain. And as I said with the Palm organizers, the majority of the features are not things I really need or want. The Palm OS might not be as feature-rich as other platforms, but you can't argue with the rock solid stability of Palms or the ease of use of the calendar and address book. My Treo 650 is super-stable and totally reliable, just like my 600.
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm V-->Palm IIIc-->Palm 505-->
    Samsung I300-->Treo 600

I won't upgrade again until the treo has some sort of wifi (internal or sd card) and real BT (ver 1.2). (Plus I just cant pay full price...cant get a discount through sprint yet either)
    my first palm/smartphone is the 650 and i love it.
    Have nothing currently, Treo-wise.
    Have a Sony Clie SJ-20 now that I'd be lost w/out.
    Will have a Treo 650 once VZW gets their act together...
    I'm not weird... I'm gifted!!!
    Fourth (really fifth) Smartphone from PalmSpring. Love 650.
    VisorpPhone > Treo 180> Treo 270> Treo 600 > Treo 650 Cing > Treo 650 P1
    Kyocera 6035 - Samsung i300 - Treo 300 - Treo 600
    Palm V -> Vx -> m505 -> m515 -> Tungsten T -> TC -> T3 -> Treo 650.
    See below. I also had my heart broken when sony stopped the clie line. and then before that HP did the same with the jornada. i like the 650 but wished the jornada and clie lines had continued and morphed into real competition for the treo line.
    Sprint Treo 700p, Sony UX/TX, u720,
    Edirol R-09, Mitsu PK 20, Mimio
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast