1.    #1  
    I have a 650 on Sprint with the 1.08 firmware upgrade. I'm having serious reset issues. Can someone help provide step by step instructions for backing up and reinstalling each application to trouble shoot what is going on. I'm somewhat of a newbie. Or if you have any other ideas that would be really helpful too.

Here are the apps I currently have installed:
    • Agendus Pro
    • BackupBuddyVFS
    • Butler 2.86
    • Chatter (just installed today)
    • SplashID
    • SplashMoney
    • SplashPhoto
    • SplashShopper

I also seem to lose texts or have a reset when I receive them - sometimes, not always.

Thanks in advance.
    First thing is look into Agendus. Make sure it's not handling your SMS. If you have Agendus Mail, deleting it, and resetting SMS back to Messaging will cure this.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  3.    #3  
    Thanks Insertion. I'm not using Agendus for email, but I did go into the preferences and disable the SMS and Email options (what it would use to send them from Agendus) to none. I'll give that a shot.

Do you know if Agendus tends to cause trouble?
    Quote Originally Posted by spa_girl
    Thanks Insertion. I'm not using Agendus for email, but I did go into the preferences and disable the SMS and Email options (what it would use to send them from Agendus) to none. I'll give that a shot.

Agendus itself shouldn't. But Agendus Mail used to give me fits. Everytime an SMS would come in, reset! Not only that, but the message would be gone.

Make sure SMS is set to "Messaging" in both the System Prefs (Prefs>General>Default apps>Messaging) as well as in Agendus (Options>Preferences>Miscellaneous>Communication Settings)

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  5.    #5  
    OK I did that and will try it - thanks again!
    Good luck. I should add, the Agendus "fix" would probably only work on SMS resets. If you're resetting other places, it's probably something else.

Next reset, go to your phone dialer and enter ##377<send> to see what causes it.

Quote Originally Posted by spa_girl

Some also report resets when Agendus is handling the alarms - you might try "unchecking" that box in preferences->alarms
    After I updated to 1.08 chatter started resetting my phone frequently. Try uninstalling Chatter and re installing then rebuild your mailboxes. if that doesn't work... Hard reset and re install every app "fresh". once I did that I had NO more resets...